Best free iOS games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrOstrich, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I find myself googling this question over and over again, and I figured just now that it would be best to just ask the best dedicated iOS community for an answer since I've deferred to TA judgement quite often.

What are you favorite iOS games? I'm not sure 'best' is the right word, i'd just like a few of your favorites, since everyone on here seems to have a slightly eclectic taste, i'm sure we'll end up with a list of games a bunch of us have never played before.

I'm pretty new to the iOS scene, just been around since this last summer when i got my 3gs as a hand-me-down.

Right now, my favorite few free games (freemiums count, but noting them would help everyone also) right now are...
    Dragonvale (i think it does the freemium model the best)

Flick Homerun (poorly translated in some aspects, but really solid home run derby game with RPG progression elements)

Overkill- another freemium game, shooting gallery with upgradeable guns, really fun, but the offers to get free OEMs seem to be a little weird in the way they work, but its still a really fun game

Strike Knight - a disc bowling game with an odd scoring system, but fun to play, has pass and play multiplayer and game center achievements

Solomon's Boneyard- endless twin stick shooter with some progression elements

2. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #2 P.T., Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Temple run is great and puppet war!

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #3 GoofyJmaster., Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    As far as my favorite iOS games, I'd say look at my signature + Contre Jour, King of Dragon Pass, and Blosics.

For free games, I'd say check out Overkill, Gun Bros., Contract Killer; Zombies, Eternity Warriors, Star Blitz, Zombie Farm,Temple Run, Words With Friends, and Abbledabble.

4. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I've had Temple Run but yet to give it a go, its even on my device but i've heard great things about it.

I also liked Gun Bros. and i'm hooked with getting destroyed by my gf in Words With Friends lol

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yes, Temple Run is a pretty great game.

If you liked Gun Bros. then check out the other freemium Glu games that I posted.

If you like Words with Friends then check out Hanging with Friends, Abbledabble, Word Feud, and Word to Word.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Temple Run
    Disc Drivin' Free
    Jetpack Joyride - through facebook ;)

Also I use AppZapp.com to see new free apps and FreeAppADay.com, both have iOS apps.

7. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    actually there are no real free games. devs add IAP and ad and whatever things...(we need to survive anyway). you can check faad.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle