What do you drive in NFS Shift???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SuperSlovak, Dec 18, 2009.

1. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I wanna see what you guys are driving! As for me, check out my car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    No replies after 20 minutes. That should tell you we are driving absolutely nothing. The game is too laggy to stear our cars in the right direction. So why bother at all!

I think the deafening of your post speaks for itself. NFSS sucks!!!!

3. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I think the fact that everybody hates your guts speaks for itself. Go play xbox or something.

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Obviously the game isn't too laggy to steer our cars in the right direction, as he has a better car than is available with the starting cash.

5. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    The game runs perfectly on the 3gs. Either you have an old iphone/touch or there is something wrong with your machine. It runs perfect for me. Love it.

6. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Since the other thread got closed il post this here:

I think this game runs perfectly on my 3gs. It might run like shit on earlier models. Love it however. And for being a mobile phone game its really impressive, like Nova. The Iphone/Ipod Touch is NOT a PSP. It will NEVER be games in PSP quality on the device. Just drop it. The psp is totally dedicated for running games, the Iphone is NOT. And think about the cheap prize you are paying for the games in the appstore. Do NOT expect console quality games. Jesus...

7. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    lol, I was on a roll until Hodapp closed that thread.

Also, I agree with what you're saying.

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Gee, he must really hate this game if he's constantly writing posts to express his hate.

9. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the PC was not built to run games, and now look at things like Trackmania.

On my 3GS, the framerate is lower than it was on Real Racing on my 2G iPhone. The game is playable and makes fun, but it does not feel as good as Real Racing due to this issue.

But I had to learn that the framerate stuff is not a technological thing, but a very personal thing. Take for example Jet Car Stunts, which runs at 30 or 60 frames and therefore looks perfectly smooth on all devices. Now take Ferrari GT, which runs at a steady and solid framerate, which is a bit lower than 25 frames. Therefore, the game does not look smooth to me and I couldn’t stand playing it. But most of the players here at TA did not notice that. For them, the game was perfectly smooth.

The same seems to be with NFSS. For me, the game does not run smooth. The framerate is steady and solid and I never had framerate drops, but the framerate is lower than the 30 or 60 frames and therefore it does not look and feel smooth to me. If you don’t have a problem with such a low framerate that’s ok, many might also don’t have a problem with it and they will love this game. But from a technological point of view, EA delivered crap. They weren’t able to achieve on a 3GS, what Firemint was able achieve on a 2G. Hell, Firemint even was able to run a race with 60 cars ON SCREEN with their engine on a 3GS without problems and NFSS only has to handle two or three cars at max. Big failure for EA.

10. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well, the slightly-lower-than-silky-smooth frame rate doesn't bother me at all, although I understand why it would bother people.

Also, I don't think it was a big failure for EA, firstly I think that the graphics are better in NFS:S, and also, while I see your point, I'd like to point out that there was never any more than like 15 cars on screen in that RR demo, they don't fit.

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Do you really have nothing to do than bashing NFSS for iPhone at every possible chance?

Just accept the fact that either:
    1. You suck at NFSS
    or
    2. Your device is too old and thus it sucks.

12. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    lol, owned.

13. that1techguy

that1techguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I got nfss last night to see what everyone has been talking about and I must say for being a racing sim it has almost 0 options the biggest problem for me is how tight the cars are I swear I turn and I have to slow down to 30mph before my car starts to turn. Then the drifting.... It's really messed up I have tilt sensitvity all the way up and over half the time it won't drift or it will do the fail drift where you drift for about 1 second then lose control. So far I'm dissapointed I knew the car list was gonna suck but I would have never guessed the controls oh and as for cars I have in game lancer, wrxsti, and r34. I just hope gt motor academy will fill in the void left by nfss.