Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Haven't read through the entire thread so don't know if this has been suggested, however I was thinking about another mode where you played as the monster(s) chasing the temple robber - this would mean a different set of power-ups that allowed you to bring the human closer to you, e.g. setting up traps that slowed him down, or calling upon the gods/elements to somehow negatively affect the runner. I think the existing mode is great already so please don't change it too much! ;-)

2. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #102 Setake, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    oh man that right there would be awesome! I second the monster mode! I love this game can't stop playing it!

3. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #103 Setake, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    Edit: I just thought of another great idea! instead of havin the different characters be unbalanced by having character specific skills', you can make it so that each character must 'level up'. For example, the way I'm currently playing my game is that I only have to magnet and the triple coin updates activated. That way, everytime I get a bonus in game, I'm guaranteed to get the magnet no matter what. So basically the way I'm playing it allows me to get a higher score because the magnet is a point booster. However, if you allow me to have a different character, I could tailor it for running the distance by only activating the invisible power up. Similarly, you can also make new upgrades that tailor to different achievements with the different new modes that you create. So if you make a monster mode, you can also include an upgrade in the shop that allows you to run faster to catch the runner. This way, you will always have new character to level up and to tailor for each game mode.

Edit 2: so you can also make different leaderboards for distance and points and speed of catching the runner etc.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Broke down and bought this. Looks so fun. Having fun now.

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    This game's the best endless runner out there. Just purchased this morning and it's been quite fun. Howeever, that doesn't mean I haven't come up with some ideas :D. When I first saw the 'monster mode' idea that Ataloss suggested, i immediately thought of one thing (that is, if this is a possible addition i mean): multiplayer. Can you imagine how fun that would be!!! But I think the best way you could do it with Monster Mode is to use checkpoints. E.g. if you reach the human in time, you got him. If you don't, you lose. Some tweaking there, but I think that it's an awesome idea. Then I also thought of something else: what's the purpose of this idol thing. Does it do anything? What if, say at 5,000 meters (or more) it can activate, causing you to move the exact opposite of where you plan on going. E.g. if you slide, you jump. If you turn left, you go right. Also: one of the things I found cool was the variety. Loving that, and hope there's more to come :D

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    All right, thinking of breaking down and getting this thanks to all the positive feedback here. I was hesitent at first because of endless-runner overload. Anyone else care to convince me that it's worthy of adding to the zillions of others that I have/tried?

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.1

8. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Just bought this today and an update already? :eek:

hmm nothing major though

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm in the same boat. I'm finding myself swayed a bit by the accolades... but I've never really gotten that much into any running game, and all of them I lose interest in in a week or two. So hopefully somebody can stop me from pulling the trigger in spite of myself, as I know that's what's going to happen again. Sigh.

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #110 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    Both of you buy the game RIGHT NOW!!!

Seriously, you got bored after a week or two with other running games? What else do you want from a 99cents game :p

Anyways, its worth it. At worst, you'll find out its not but you'll also know whom not to listen from now on (ie me, IF you didnt like the game). 99cents spent well in either case dont you think.

11. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    FWIW, I have never found a running game that kept my interest for more then a few minutes. I am about 10 hours into this one and its still fun. I played it almost non-stop on a plane ride from San Diego to New Orleans last week.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #112 syntheticvoid, Aug 10, 2011
    For 99 cents... I EXPECT a game to have ENDLESS replayability... I expect it to have TOP NOTCH graphics... I expect it to have NO IAPs...

I expect it to run VERY smoothly, and ALWAYS at 60 FPS...

I expect it to have at least 90 levels in story mode, and at least 4 other gaming modes, like endless, time attack, score attack, and extreeme...

blah blah blah...

=oP

**edit**

hahah... you can go ahead and delete this post if you want... I'm SOOOOOO BORED...

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #113 awp69, Aug 10, 2011
    OK, OK!! I just downloaded it. It better be worth it!! ;)

^^ Oh, and love that sarcasm, syntheticvoid, but those dollars do add up! But more importantly for me, the space adds up as well....:(

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    How can I resurrect twice in one game when I can use the wings upgrade only once per session? Please help.

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #115 JCman7, Aug 10, 2011
    Make sure you have some in stock then double tap to use the resurrect wings which only last for a few minutes. Once they disappear it will take another minute or so before you can use the resurrect again in the same session

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ah, ok, didn't know that I have to wait to make it re-appear.. THANKS.

17. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Am I missing something with the resurrection? I bought the the wings and use them but then when I die (still have wings behind me) I am not resurrected. Does it only work on a certain type of death? When I've died with the wings it has been as a result of falling, do the wings not work then?

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    So since I sold my soul and got the game :), my initial impressions are that it is indeed great! Does remind me of a 3D version of Run Like Hell (a game I enjoyed until they overkilled it with a million different versions), but this is more engaging and more fun.

Thanks for pushing me over the edge!

19. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey everyone,

Glad you are still enjoying the game! This first update was just a quick one to fix a few minor bugs, but we've already started on the next update which will include more content. Stay tuned, and keep on running!

-Keith

To get the achievement you actually have to use the wings, die, and resurrect, then wait a bit til you can use the wings again, use the wings, die, and resurrect. The key part is actually resurrecting twice in one game!

As long as the wings are still on your back it should resurrect and let you continue running no matter what type of death. Maybe they ran out right before you died? Email us at support @ imangistudios dot com if it continues to not work for you.

20. Princeps32

Princeps32 Member

Feb 23, 2011
    #120 Princeps32, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    Hey Imangi Duo,

This is probably my favorite game this month, even with everything upgraded already it's like the perfect "five minutes" game. The carrot-on-a-stick approach definitely helped my four hour binge though, the upgraded magnet was a nice surprise.

Also it was fun seeing you two in May and catching up, congrats again on another hit!