Need Help For My iPhone!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Infinity89, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I have this problem that when I connect my iPhone to iTunes on my PC it says "iTunes can't load content of this iPhone click to restore it to factory setting."
    I rely don't want to restore my iPhone since all my apps data and notes will be lost. Also I haven't even backed it up so I'm in really big trouble.
    Does anybody know anything???
    Thanks!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #2 psj3809, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Firstly the parents answer - "I cant believe you havent ever backed it up ! Thats crazy as you might have lots of important things on it !". Seriously though pleaseeee back things up. I learnt the hard way when my PC crashed (cost me a lot of money to recover the data), then i got a hard drive and then later that crashed ! (Again cost me a lot). I now back everything up in the 'cloud' (Dropbox)

Also worth googling that instead of asking here....

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4257978?start=0&tstart=0

People seem to suggest using iFunbox or iExplorer. Sounds like you might lose your music but it'll keep apps/important notes etc. Worth doing.

3. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I did everything and just one last question:
    1. Can I get my contacts from iCloud? And how?
    2. I can't find my notes on iCloud. How can I get them?
    I did a lot of web search but can't find these answers.
    Thanks!

4. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Have you turned on your iCloud setting before?
    I have did the same thing like you (restore into factory setting) and didn't have a problem for the notes, no one lost. However, I lost my contacts though I have 100% sure turned on the contacts back up.

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I'm trying to back up using iCloud but it is cancelled at the end this happened to me three times.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Stop everything you are doing right now. And close iTunes!

You need an emergency program, that WILL. Back up everything. You need a program named - iTools, it's add free and better than iTunes!

I use it, because I had trouble with iTunes syncing my content. Install the program, connect your iPhone, and do what you want from the simple interface. Trust me, you will be saved!

7. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Ok I used iCloud and it worked. The most I was worried about my photos, notes. And contacts. I got them all, also the other apps. Although now I have to download all of them. Might take some time.