for now I feel so bad for my life,i'm so stupid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by klarence, Jun 22, 2013.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    A little bit more than 100 bucks is not a really big money, but the way I lost it make me painful.
    about two or three years ago I knew a woman by a internet IM software.
    you know, 2 years is a long time, I'm not a person that very courtesy or easily to trust others. and 130 bucks is not a big money.
    so half years ago when she need the dollar for some reason, I lent it to her without hesitation. though I never met her face to face.
    I never mentioned it again until weeks before I remind of this thing, so I told her it's time to pay back.
    and she promised she will but did nothing, so I told her again yesterday.
    but something make me angry and sad bursted, she cursed me and she said will never pay me.
    I feel really bad about myself for now, because all these things implyed that I gave money to someone hates and looks down upon me.
    and I have no choice to accept the fact i'm a fool.

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    That is definitely a bad deal, but in the grand scheme of things, $100 isn't really all that much.

I have to ask: did you know why she needed the money? If you didn't, why did you help her out?

If I help someone out with a financial situation, however small, I always verify what they'll be using the money on. I also never ask them to pay me back because I think it defeats the purpose of me helping them. I obviously don't do it very often, but when I feel it's worth it, I help them and only ask for their appreciation as my reward.

I think you should think of it in that way. Maybe she was never going to pay you back, but you helped her out in a time of need (whatever need it was for her), and for that you are a trooper and a truly upstanding citizen! Even if it turned out she was actually a 90 year-old grandpa trying to steal money from you for her cocaine addiction, you didn't know that at the time and you were helping her purely out of the kindness of your heart.

Just chalk it up as a simple mistake, but absolutely do not beat yourself up over it. Your heart was always in the right place, and sometimes evil takes advantage of that... but that's out of your control.

I hope you somehow get the money back, but if it really isn't possible, just... let it go :)

You sound like a good person. That's all that matters :cool:

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Lot of females feel like their entitled to things best thing to do is tell them to get lost and look elsewhere I do realise it can be hard the first few times you do it though.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've given $100 to somebody I don't really know before. She was in a tight situation and I had it to spare. Later on, we got talking again and she offered to pay me back but I told her she didn't have to. I suppose it's not so much about the money itself, but whether or not the person you gave it to is grateful for your help.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I wouldn't ever give money to a stranger online. I used to have access to lots of 419 scam accounts and its unbelievable how stupid and greedy some people are. Often these people talk to 100s of people and if just 1 or 2 fall for their scam then they're happy

It's the Internet where often 'hotgirl01' is some 300 pound guy and 'rambo7' is some dweeby 17 year old who lives with his parents

If you've met the person then okay. But a complete stranger online?!?!?!Yeah sorry but that's not too clever. If people keep falling for these scams online they'll always be there

Brave of you to admit but I would have kept this quiet!

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Similar to how you feel entitled to bad grammar and outdated ideas about gender?

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I believe in honesty and that type of relationship is simply doomed from the outset and not worth the time investment never mind the money it's certainly not worth getting upset over although I can certainly understand why people do early on it's unavoidable in fact and klarance has my sympathy but from my own experiences I know he will get over it.

I'm also not bracketing all females being out for what they can get but a lot simply are whether it's free drinks, a loan or a new house it's the same thing.

Also call my ideas outdated all you like males and females both have a gender role and when they don't keep to them relationships will simply fail I honestly believe that as the truth.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Let's simply be honest. I think you SHOULD feel bad and beat yourself up about it because you're a sucker and fell for one of the oldest scams in the book! Who would give money to a person you don't even know like that online?! 'A fool and his money go separate ways', as the saying goes. You're certainly not the first and you won't be the last, but one has to see it at this point as a learning experience and just move on. You gotta always have your guard up in this life.

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    People, especially when they are anonymous (online) will take advantage of you for whatever reason. Which is why you shouldn't put value in other people who aren't your close friends or family, just put value in yourself. You thought you were helping someone out, whether it was a scam or not, and that's your character. Maybe you help someone in the future but are more wise at analyzing the situation, or maybe you learn whatever lesson you needed to learn from this and you refuse to help anyone ever again until eternity - but this experience is not a reflection of you entirely.

Take it for what it was and move on, money comes and goes. :)

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #10 MasterChief3624, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    I bet all the women just swoon and kiss your feet with a chivalry-like attitude like that. I know if I were a girl, I would just adore being your woman. Your fallible and sneaky and reprehensibly greedy object. What a big man you are. Hold me in your arms and let me make you a sandwich because that's all girls are useful for, right?

Jesus. Get the hell out of here.

The 1950s called, they want your stupidly immature sexism back.

Seriously.

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ouch. Yeah, that wasn't really a smart move, man. But what's done is done, and now you'll be wiser (hopefully) in similar situations in the future. Don't spend too much time kicking yourself over this, like the saying goes, "Don't cry over spilt milk." Can't do anything about the past. Just accept it, learn from it, and move on.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Before this goes crazy, or crazier,
    You can't trust Money online.
    Especially a deal like that.
    Be careful nextime dude.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So outdated its embarrassing. Dread to hear your views on other subjects

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Works for me, I think you all know deep down I'm absolutely correct here, if guys start playing the female role and females start playing the male role the relationships are doomed from that point outward neither are really going to be happy and resentment/lack of respect will build between both of them.

Sure it might work for a little while but ultimately not long.

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    This threads gone to heck.
    Lets move the debate to a new one guys.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Eh, I think there are good arguments for both sides. Look at the animal kingdom for less than a second and bam, there's a million examples of gender roles. They definitely exist. How we choose to define gender differences as an intelligent and social species is where the complications arise.