Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    From the looks of it my guess is a Monster Hunter style game although it could easily be a game like God of War.

Big enemies whichever it turns out to be but I'd much rather see a real Monster Hunter and God of War.

2. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Too brief but reminds me a bit of Demon's/Dark Souls which are (along with Mass Effect 1) my most beloved RPG's in this generation. That's enough to get me psyched about this one.

3. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
  4. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Haha yeah saw that too, not played but again tempted.

Just got a question about the PSP game Monster Hunter thats on the Vita Psn-how big is the file?? Its only £7.99
    Also going to get MGS Peace Walker for £15.99 thats a file size 1.4Gb

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Wait MGS:pW is on the Europe psn store? I want it so bad but don't have a ps3 so I'm screwed atm :(

6. mashead2000

Yeah-surprised its not in US store, you checked under PSP then under M, thats where it is in EU store (you prob have and im being really offensive asking the obvious but hey its me ;) lol )
    Why cant all the PSN stores be the same??? Stupid Sony! Grr

Oh and has anyone seen the new white Vita to come in Japan? Looks nice and prob hide fingerprints nicely

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite is 768 MB.

8. mashead2000

Is it any good? Looked at gameplay youtube videos and the graphics looked really really bad lol, just got Peace Walker so thatll do me for a little while hehe

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    From my experience with the white psp go, white plastic is an invitation for dirty fingerprints, the rubber on the joysticks will probably yellow, and the slightest scratches will show up. I went as far as to order black casing and took it apart and re-assembled.
    White needs glass over it like on the iphone. It looks really pretty when new though, like a fresh pair of white sneakers.

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, it's fairly good. Can be really hard at times, but it looks a lot better on the Vita and is easier to play (has dual analogue support unlike the PSP). It's more fun if you have people to play with though.

The only thing I don't like about the Monster Hunter series is there really isn't a story, and you can't freely explore (has separate levels rather than a big world).

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I actually thought the demo was fairly decent. It plays well but seems really basic. Then again it's also relatively cheap compared to some other games and the DLC seems to be fairly priced. I also like the free update added today. I may just pick this one up next.

Though I'm really waiting to see if Retro City Rampage drops soon. Hopefully next week.

12. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #1692 Madman100, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Hey all. Haven't been here in a while but I thought I'd post this for you guys.

I don't know about you but this teaser got me so freakin excited. I'm practically drooling. Can't wait.

EDIT: hmm, apparently I have no idea how to embed YouTube videos so I just left the URL.

EDIT2: took a look at the previous page and it looks like someone beat me to the punch. Ah well it looks awesome. Btw, thanks, Mod, for the help to embed the video.

13. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Looks like they are releasing a white Vita

Looks pretty good but my PSP was a white slim and the thumbstick tended to get dirty very easily.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What erks me is that the vita doesn't seem to have a very strong lineup. Sure, there's golden abyss and resistance, but what then? And, frankly, resistance looks pretty bad compared to the iOS shooters out there. Resistance has 8 player multi, mc3 has 12. I'm rather surprised that, with its similar hardware to the 3rd iPad, devs didn't allow for more players. Sony needs to do something fast to keep the vita from becoming a failure. Where are those
    Ps3 games that are going to be released for vita, to? How about some classics ported to it like gta, max payne, cod, etc? Frankly, the vita needs a better games lineup to be successful in the long term.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  16. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Awesome! Signed up :D

17. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Im sure there are better forums to ask this, and let me know if you know of a better one.
    When I sold my PSP Go, I didn't back up my save files through media go. I just copied the folders with all of my save data to my hard drive (I figured we'd have the same drag-and-drop that was on the PSP, I was wrong). Is there a folder in Media Go, on the PS3, or on the Vita that I am able to copy these save files to and have them show up on my Vita.

18. mashead2000

19. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I thought I was the only one excited for LBP! Signed up in a heartbeat, thanks for the heads up! ;)

20. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Maybe more devs will do public beta tests in the future or indie devs with PSN titles. Also with the release of minecraft today on XBL I hope when it (if it does) egts released on PSN it will be vita compatible.