Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Any chance the update might hit next week?

2. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    It seems a lot of how you raise your stats will depend on what legendary runes you run into and decide to use...

I pumped all my passives except for artillery and brotherhood, just put 1 point in each for now

I cranked my crit a bit then I found a +70% crit rune so since then I've been cranking my damage up... I will still throw a point into my crit here and there (when it raises it 2 points) so eventually I can hopefully swap out the current rune for something a little more beneficial

Having a 100% crit rate is pretty awesome though, makes the engineer fantastic for crowd control and DPS

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

4. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I think there may be a chance. Depends mostly on Apple's approval time though. We're still working hard to get it out tonight.

That being said, we've crushed a TON of major crashes and bugs, and multiplayer is looking mighty stable. Found a major bug that was causing most of the disconnects (which would occur anytime a faster device was matched with a much slower device... say, and iPhone 5 matched with an iPod Touch 4g for ex).

5. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Damn 100% crit is possible... Give me that rune.

Good job Foursaken on the 4.5/5 TA reveiw!

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yay good job can't wait for the update :)

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    That bug caused disconnects in the beginning of the game?

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    WOOHOO

Congrats on the 4.5/5 TA review! Y'all deserve 5/5, but 4.5/5 is close enough. :p

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah, that cause disconnects at the beginning. The crashes caused disconnects in the middle (which we've fixed a ton of)... so right now its looking pretty darn solid.

10. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    For sure, runes definitely sort of dictate where you go with your character. I'm still yet to find one that I'll be happy with and can balance my character around it. I guess that sort of lead me to ask this question. Ill probably stick to damage and crit. I mostly stay around the wall while playin coop, so I can easily recover health, making armor and hp not as important to me, for the time being.

11. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wait, in the review they said that n.y zombies had better graphics, but it doesn't on my ipad 2?

12. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Congrats on the review Foursaken. .. See my earlier comment begging for front page love for this game just minutes before the review popped up ! Lol !

13. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Can you please add a first person mode? That would be awesome, and all you would have to do is move the camera view up to the guys face.

14. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Just bought 60 crystals, thanks for making a cool game!

15. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I'm a level 34ish. I maxed all skills and now I'm dumping points into damage and critical. I'll probably do that for a while, then focus on health and armor.

16. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Can't wait for the update, co-op crashes and bugs are really frequent, varied, sometimes amusing but mostly frustrating - yet all worth it when you get that match up that works!

Game is still 5 out of 5 for me in its current state!

Foursaken should get this game onto a console - it would be epic!

17. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Same here. Hate the crashing on co op

18. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I totally have to chime in and say congrats on the awesome review on TA!

Totally deserved, though I could get piddly with some parts of the review. But who cares, game is frickin awesome!

Also, as far as building an engineer character, I would encourage people to not forget about armor or whatever that defense attribute is. Im hoping it makes me take less damage, and it sorta feels like it does. Though I would like foursaken to let me know that actual effects of armor. Is it useful after 10 pts? cuz 10 pts means you shouldnt get knocked down by the enemies anymore. I have 23 points, and I never ever ever get knocked down. But should additional defensive points be spent on armor or health? which is more bang for the buck?

Congrats again guys!

19. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Endless, and playing wall defensive style. Even when I'm about to lose I get absurd amounts of xp for 20s of high level mobs beating on the castle. Oh, and lots of legendaries from that.

On peeps asking about paladin starts: gold mines til it gets hairy, then summon blunderbuss. At 32 gold or whatever, he'll help tons for crowd control. Only time I summon pikes before a blunder or three is if there's tons of armored mobs on that level. And of course on levels like 19 it's rifle instead.

20. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #1180 Legendary_Slayer, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Foursaken this game is absolutely incredible! It might just be the best IOS game I've ever played, and that's saying something. I think you found an almost perfect challenge level, the levels start out easy, but once you get to 5+ you have to have a good stratagy(which I'm still trying to find):)