Universal realMyst by Cyan Worlds

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by joehunt, Jun 14, 2012.

1. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This helps a ton! So, kinda like Dreamscape?

Thanks so much!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm having a lot of jitteriness on my iPad 2 as well... Especially when opening the menu...

=o/

3. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Well, I'm hoping the Devs are following this Thread.

Hope they can make the Hint system inside the game and not point to a website.

Fix the choppy Menu.
    Fix the loading time when entering the door right in the beginning.
    Fix when the Movement is inverted, you need to drag forever to look around.
    in the default setting, you don't have that problem.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Performance isn't bad on the new iPad but it's annoying that it appears to load data every few 'steps' you take, with a brief glimpse of a status bar. Surely with 1GB of RAM they can load each age in one go. They could also hide that tab at the bottom of the screen. We get it - slide up to access the menu.

5. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Graphics don't look as good as the PC dose are the iPad like a medium setting

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    The game is very jittery in places. I mean you dont need fps for this game but it would be nice if it was smoother.

Also they use alot of the original graphics and they use the same 320x240 res from the original game case in point the books and random wall charts and notes left are tough as hell to read they need to fix this

Ofherwise great game remade with the fps style which is really cool. For a 20 year old game tho you would think this stuff would of been done , was this beta tested before release how could it be released in this state the books,pages,notes are the most important part of the game and the frame rate is pretty bad im some places.

7. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Guess it wasn't me then..
    in the 1st room when you start the game, all I can see is a black square with a note on it, but I can't read it. all i see is a blurry document.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    To developer if they're checking this thread: I read in an early report that this would also be available for iPhone. Any plans to make this universal?

10. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Sorry, but was really curious as to the gameplay. Free roaming a la Dreamscape? Does it play very similarly please?

Thanks!

11. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #31 Ravenblack, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    I've never played Dreamscape, so don't know about that one. In Myst, you basically move around, exploring and you encounter objects and to get pass certain things, you need to solve puzzles and manipulate objects to progress. You are left to gather clues on your own -- by looking at the landscape or how things are arrange, read notes or journals that can be found in the game world.

Better than my explanation, you could just watch the video Sanuku has posted above to get an idea of what the game is like.

12. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It is free roaming, but Myst is a lot more complicated than Dreamscape. It requires quite a bit of lateral thinking to solve the puzzles. I would also recommend that you write down your findings (sequences of numbers etc) and draw diagrams for reference as you progress through the game.

13. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm not a mod, but I've added the video to the first post :D

14. RoboCop001

RoboCop001 Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Hah, I remember building a whole map of the underground rail system. Then I was finally able to reach the other side!

15. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Hehe - that puzzle is the most evil!! Have you still got your map? :)

16. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I vaguely remember that back in the day. I have a feeling I may be consulting the internets this time round when it comes to the rail system part. :)

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It's funny, but I actually prefer the pre-rendered images of the original Myst/Riven games. It felt more casual, and (especially in later games) resulted in stunning images that still can't be rendered real-time in 3D.

18. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I have not seen a clear response... Is realmyst playable on iPad 1 ? I understand that it has been reported to be laggy on n iPad 2.

19. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Again, it's NOT for the Ipad1. Only Ipad2 or the new Ipad.

20. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    we need to get the game devs in here on this, they really gotta fix some things to get this game right, would be nice if i didnt have to strain my eyes on the 320x240 text font in all the books, notes, diagrams just saying, maybe clean up the fps do some optimization this game was not beta tested it couldn't of been in this state.