Plz help choose the icon - DEO game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImStrapped, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    #1 ImStrapped, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    Hi folks!

First off, wanted to thank everyone on this forum that contributed in the making of Deo. Your feedback and help is amazing and very appreciated!

We're weeks away from releasing Deo and I can't make up my mind (LOL) on which icon I want to go with. Here are my top 3 styles/picks (3rd from the top of each column).

My question to you: Which one would you most likely click on from the AppStore?

The middle is my least favorite. The left is my favorite because it looks unique and different from most other icons on the AppStore. The one on the right however would probably pop a little more, wouldn't it?

[​IMG]

I won't go into details of what the game is about (for those of you that don't know) because that's the type of crowd that will most likely see this icon on the AppStore anyway.

Thanks everyone!!!

-----------------------------------
    UPDATED:

These are the new, tweaked versions.

[​IMG]

2. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I'm torn in the exact same way you are, and not because you said it. What about the first one with a red border. Could we see a mock up of that. I love the art style of the first one much better. Yeah I think I would like to see some different variations of the first one actually. I think it is safe to say with some tweaking to get it to stand out more, it easily is the best.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I like the one on the right as it is more eye-catching with the red and white colours then the other icons. The other two icons (middle and left one) are kinda dark and doesn't really define what the game really is since the game involves the red guy.

4. darioslzr

darioslzr Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Yes, i like the one on the right too... it´s most attractive (colors+design)

5. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Agreed. The one on the right seems to pop out more than the other 2.

6. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    yea... I like the right one, and then the center one 2nd. btw, so deo is actually named angry birds and developed by rovio? with a 4 star rating? :confused::confused::confused: :p

7. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Haha they wish! LOL jk.

Hm perhaps the one on the right pops more, sure but which one would make you want to click on it more? The one on the right might raise a few thoughts such as, "egh just another game with some sorta ball" and skip through it even though it's not. The one on the left on the other hand would make you question, "hmm what is this??" and encourage to click on it, no? Lol thanx guys!

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I like left one. Oh and I gave feedback of new build with idea of new icon.

9. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    yea, they probably do wish. this game blows angry birds' sorry *** out of the water :cool:

and I wasn't really thinking like that. I was thinking which one I'd rather have on my screen..... IDK if I thought about it the way you put it...

10. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah saw that, too. Thank you so much! Not sure about that icon though...seems like it might be a lil too much detail n stuff going on. Want it a bit more simple.

I just changed the desc., a lil bit.

11. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I have to reinforce that the first one is definitely one I'd rather click, but I also have to agree with phattestfatty, I'd rather have the third on my device.

12. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    The midle one, because the colors (red+black) really stand out.

13. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Hmm I hear ya, thanx!!!

14. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I like the left one a lot except that it is a little bland. Maybe if you added colors to the plants or maybe have the Deo dude on top of the planet be red instead of black. I would also tone down the whiteness on the right side. It makes the icon seem too faded.
    The right one also looks good but I like the left one better.

15. bmcvey

bmcvey Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Version three (far right) is the best so far, but I really like the dark shape that's going on in the far left version of the icons. I'd like to see a combination of both the right and the left where the background is primarily the left icon with the addition of the red object from the right version.

16. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I like the right most one.

17. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Had Deo red and didn't really like it but perhaps I'll do it again and put it up here :) Will try to tone the whites down a bit a n see it it looks better. Thank you.

Hmm, seems like ppl r just as split between the two as I am. What a great idea to combine the two together haha. I'll try it...just for the heck of it. I'll post it up here.

Thank you :)

18. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    #18 ImStrapped, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    Alright, I've made some tweaks. What do you guys think? On the left is w/borders and on the right is borderless.

Worst case, I'll go with the one at the bottom haha, best of both worlds :) jk

[​IMG]

19. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I like having the little guy in the icon, so definitely either the 2nd or 3rd (the 1st is a bit bland with only b/w). Which one to choose probably depends on the game's artstyle. If it's a bit darker, go with the 2nd. If it's more well-lit, go with the 3rd.

20. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I like the one with borders the best