iPhone: Oregon Trail or Fieldrunners?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brennanrusnell, May 3, 2009.

1. brennanrusnell

May 3, 2009
    #1 brennanrusnell, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    Hi,

I'd like to get either Oregon Trail, Fieldrunners, or Let's Golf for the iPhone. Which game do you recommend and why?

Thanks!

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Fieldrunners because it has better graphics, and plus it's my preferential gameplay.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    :cool:

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    +1 for Fieldrunners, it's the IGF mobile best game, beating all other mobile games. It has great graphics and enjoyable gameplay.

5. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I have both. I love fieldrunners. Oregon trail isn't fun. It looks pretty and the animation is great, but its just not fun. There is no micromanagment like the original, which is what made it fun, so basically its just a montage of mini games while going through a quest you have almost no control over.

6. loesjoel

loesjoel Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Definitely go with Fieldrunners if you're at all in to tower defense or strategy games.

Otherwise, go with Let's Golf if you like cartoony sports games.

The only thing Oregon Trail has going for it is the nice visuals and nostalgia. The other two games outpace Oregon Trail with ease.

7. brennanrusnell

May 3, 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    I've asked around on Twitter and other forums, and Fieldrunners is clearly the winner.

Any thoughts on Let's Golf?

8. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    I personally prefer Let's Golf over Fieldrunners. I highly recommend Let's Golf if TD isn't your favorite genre of game.

9. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Do you like strategy games, TDs or sports games?

C'mon that's a really hard comparison considering they all have nothing to do with each other.

10. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Fieldrunners. Not only is itf cheaper, you'll get much more replay value out of it.

11. brennanrusnell

May 3, 2009
    I like them all. That's why I listed them. I realize that it's hard to compare across genres, but I'm not sure how else to ask.

Thanks.

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Field runners then, it has the highest replay value IMO... Plus it's a great TD

13. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    i have all 3.

after winning oregon trail a few hours after first downloading it and haven't touched it since. good looking, fun first time thru, just don't want to do it again.

let's golf is pretty fun. also haven't touched it in a while. annoying audio (same couple voice clips over and over) as best i can remember. great game play and has an upgrade system but playing another 9 holes to unlock some chick's skirt isn't enough incentive to keep trying.

fieldrunners probably has the most reply value of the 3 you're interested in, but again i got bored with it.

i would have to say my most replayable game has to be blue attack. if you don't have that one, give it a thought. gemmed is also good, and heavy mach. hehe, there's 3 of my own recommendations for you (not that you asked for them) :)

14. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I have the 3 of those, don't get oregon trail, it's very fun, but only lasts a few hours.

Let's golf is fun, but for some reason, I didn't and haven't played it much. Fieldrunners is a great game, you should get that.

15. brennanrusnell

May 3, 2009
    Thanks for all the replies.
    The majority of people recommend Fieldrunners, and since it's currently on sale, I think I'll try it first.
    From there, it looks like Let's Golf is next in line.

I'm always open to hearing more feedback!

Thanks again.

16. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Errr, I did not like Fieldrunners at ALL. Oregon Trail was really fun the first time through, but like others said, I haven't touched it since then. Let's Golf is fun though. Great graphics + gameplay.