Don't you just hate...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by merkamerka, Jan 27, 2010.

1. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Wasting money on an app?

you know like you buy a game app or something for around 4~9$s and are like "either I get this or this" and just pick something totally crap?

Was looking at Necromancer Rising and Vangaurd (Square Enix) and both were 4.99. Well I chose Necromancer Rising and man is it pure crap. It's so slow, there's a few mini transaction places (ew), and the game has it's bugs. Geeze I feel like I wasted 5$s I could of used to just get a better game.

You guys?

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Seriously? Necromancer Rising is better than Vanguard plus it's made by small team.

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    This thread is senseless, who doesnt hate to waste money. And yes, it happend to me aswell a few times.

4. MichaelScott

Jan 24, 2010
    Agreed and posting negative comments about indie games may be hurtful to the feelings of the dev.

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    I myself have had quite a few instances where I feel I wasted money, and I understand the frustration. But are you telling him not to talk badly about a game because the dev' FEELINGS MAY BE HURT?!!?!!? that's absurd. I have no problem bad talking a game if I don't like it. Here we go: I think bumper stars is absolute crap! I don't care about "hurting the devs feelings." they put themselves into the most competative gaming market ever, if they don't produce a good game, they will get some bad reviews. If everyone didn't want to "hurt the devs feelings," there would never be any bad reviews. :p

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, it's made by a small team, that makes me enjoy the game so much more, and makes me feel much better about my purchase...

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

7. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Who cares? If they didn't want their feelings to be hurt, they should have made a better game.

8. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Meanie.

9. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    lol, I was joking, I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well through a keyboard :rolleyes:

10. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Constructive Criticism

11. MichaelScott

Jan 24, 2010
    You have no right to say that unless you can make a better game yourself.

12. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    Ur dumb. Why don't you go and buy all the crappy games on the AppStore for us because you feel bad for the devs, don't wanna hurt their feelings, and can't produce a better game yourself. I HATE when someone says "well you can't make a better game yourself!" it's so immature. We all know that we probably couldn't make better games than most devs, doesn't mean we can't bash them for making a shitty game and expecting profit and good reviews. I'm not talking about this game in particular cuz I have never played it so i don't know.

13. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Well if you bash things, you should back yourself up with arguments. Constructive critisism should always be welcomed. But if you say that a game sucks because it´s being developed by an indie dev, well, that´s immature.

Minigore has it´s devoted fanbase, still i really fail in getting the hang of it and to me it´s kinda repetitive and boring. Then again, this is only my opinion, i respect other opinions. I also prefer The Creeps over Fieldrunners for example, well just a personal preference thing.

14. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Actually, they could just not buy the games and say nothing. That would be the worst that could happen for the developer.

15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude it's aclled constructive critism. It's a GOOD thing. Otherwise we'd still be playing some buggy and boring ass versions of tons of games.

16. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    We back ourselves up by paying money for the products we use. That gives us every right to criticise a product.

17. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    +1 Great reasoning amigo.

18. nfs_julius

nfs_julius Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Very true .

19. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    When you got a job to do, you have to do it well.

20. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Uhm yes I do;

It's not my job to make games, I critique them.

To use an analagy, you aren't allowed to critisize a neurosurgeon, because you can't do a better job?

GTFO