Denizen - 3D Shooter Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sprimp, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprimp

sprimp New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Paris
    #1 sprimp, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    About Denizen

Denizen is a 3D arcade shooter. As a player you navigate through surreal and colourful environments and visuals. We like to call it a "neoretro" style. It features over 20 different enemies all with their own abilities and weapons. Denizen also features a licensed soundtrack. Hope you like beats!

The game will initially be released with one campaign, titled "The Domain", composed of 5 worlds containing a total of 15 levels, with a least 2 free updates planned at this stage. All levels contain a boss fight at the end. At the start of each level some story elements are revealed to you about this unique world.

Gameplay

You navigate by using the v-pad (virtual pad :) on the bottom left which is actually designed to simulate an analog stick, so momentum and speed could be easily controlled. You can attack single enemies by tapping on them, or multiple enemies by swiping your finger across them. In turn, enemies will rush in waves and will either shoot at you, or try to collide with you. "Nodes" are scattered throughout the levels for you to collect.

So go ahead and enjoy the video! Thanks and all feedback is appreciated!

--------------------------------------
    Hi touchArcade,

My name is Dimitris and I work at sprimp. We're an independent game developer based in Paris, France.

Today, we're proud to announce that our next iPhone game Denizen is wrapping up development and will be released early in the new year.

Denizen is a shooter with frantic action, stylish 3D graphics, cool beats, tight controls and challenging bosses.

We'll be making all info, videos etc. available in this thread soon, but for now, thank you for enjoying these gameplay screenshots. All feedback is appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Oh........ Ok:(

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow, that looks really nice. Colors look good, polygons look interesting, and style looks fresh. Nice job, looking forward to the release.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Woah, that looks really cool, almost like a retro ExZeus.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I love the retro graphics!

6. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Reminds me of the graphics from Star Fox on SNES. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's pretty nostalgic ^_^

7. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    don't ask me why, but this game reminds me of REZ...

i hope it's like that game...

8. sprimp

sprimp New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Paris
    also, we are aiming for an early february submission

9. sprimp

sprimp New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Paris
    Denizen submitted!

Hey TA,

So Denizen is now submitted for review and it should be available in a few days! Hope that you will all enjoy it :)

Dimitris