Bouncing Bombs! [ FREE ]

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by FussenKuh, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Google Play Store: Bouncing Bombs!
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FussenKuh.BouncingBombs )

Hi all,

My name is Chris (aka FussenKuh) and, as the sole 'employee' of FussenKuh Software I'm pleased to announce the debut of my new Android game Bouncing Bombs! Having just launched the game, a buddy suggested that I ought to consider noting its release on Touch Arcade. Not having an Apple device, I was unfamiliar with this bastion of iPhone/iPad gaming... let alone the Island of Android hidden here :)

Needless to say, I'm quite excited to share my creation with the world! An excerpt from a recent review perfectly sums up my feelings about the game: Its free, it doesn't try to get any money from you, and most importantly, its fun as all hell.

Bouncing Bombs! is a free to play casual game that tests your mind and reflexes starring Bobby, the Friendly Bomb. Being a friendly bomb, Bobby doesn't want to blow up. But, to do this, he needs your help...

The goal is simple:
    Keep Bobby from exploding for as long as possible. The longer Bobby survives, the more your score grows. The higher your score, the higher you'll climb on the global leaderboards.

Bobby is always on the move. Yet, you can't control him directly. Instead, you must swipe the screen to make temporary barriers to redirect him into or around objects. You'll want to avoid anything that might hurt him while collecting items, such as health and coins, that will help him live longer... That wick of his is always burning, you know!

Try as he might, Bobby, like most bombs, will eventually blow up. But, no worries, with the coins you've collected, you can purchase various power-ups to help Bobby live longer and help your score grow larger.

Features:
    • Dynamically changing environment: Each game-play session is unique
    • Test your mind and reflexes: Predict where Bobby is headed and react to ricochet him to where you want him to go
    • Global Daily/Weekly/All-Time Leaderboard player rankings
    • Global Daily/Weekly/All-Time Top 100 score boards. How many times can you get your name in the Top 100?
    • Multiple game modes: Power-up Bobby for big scores in Normal mode or test your raw talent in Hard
    • Purchase power-ups with your collected coins to increase your chances of survival
    • Customize your game with unlockable backgrounds
    • Casual game play: Easy to learn. Challenging to master

If you've made it this far through the post, you must be at least a little intrigued ;) Grab the game, take it for a spin and let me know what you think! Player feedback, your feedback, helps shape this game.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and enjoy playing the game!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Google Play Store: Bouncing Bombs!
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FussenKuh.BouncingBombs )

2. Thanks for checking out the thread :) Based off your comment, I'm not entirely sure if you tried the game or if you're drawing your conclusion based off my description in the original post.

Just to clarify, Bouncing Bombs! is not a Temple Run / Subway Surfer / Jetpack Joyride / etc. clone. While I greatly enjoy those types of game, I didn't want to simply make another one.

It's true that it's a 'survival' type game - you're attempting to keep Bobby the Friendly Bomb from not blowing up for as long as possible. However, you're not guiding him down a never-ending path of obstacles; The game is played in a single location (think something like Brick Breaker or Tetris). Bobby bounces around your screen. The player's job is to draw barriers to ricochet Bobby into things that will help him survive or around things that will hurt him.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, I've further clarified the game mechanic for everyone. And, more specifically, perhaps you'll reconsider giving the game a try :)