Rhythmatic - play your own music! *COMING SOON*

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tmsquasher, Mar 13, 2011.

1. tmsquasher

tmsquasher Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just as a heads up: our latest app, Rhythmatic, is expected to be live in the store very soon!

2. Reminds me of Tapic. Any gameplay videos?

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. Thats what I thought when I first saw it too.

4. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Very cool, looking forward to it.

5. tmsquasher

Here's a gameplay video of Rhythmatic being played on an iPad.

Being a pretty hard-core rhythm game fan myself, I was super excited when Tapic came out. My biggest gripe was always that the tap tracks were just too darned easy, so you can rest assured that Rhythmatic can make your songs as difficult (or as easy I suppose... :p) as you want.

Video shows a song on Hard and a song on Easy. There are four difficulty modes total and the option to play 3, 4, or 5 lanes.

6. Looks amazing, looking forward to it. What about the price?

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nice gameplay vid. Probably gonna pick it up now after seeing it in action.

8. tmsquasher

The price right now is set at $1.99, but there is the possibility of a little opening-day surprise ;)

9. I love rhythm games, but there aren't many good ones in the App Store that allow you to use your own tracks. For a such a low price (with an opening day "surprise"), I just can't refuse. :p

10. lucifon

lucifon Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Love the idea of this. A low priced enjoyable way to listen to my music on the bus into uni everyday will get a ton of use. My skepticism lies with the gameplay video posted, where the tap notes look almost at random and don't seem in much relation to the music - mirror areas of the songs seem to produce different notes.

Are you guys still working on fine tuning this?

11. tmsquasher

Agreed, and glad to hear it! :)

12. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    man....i cant wait!!! im am a faithful tap music person and i played probably all tap type music out there and this looks like the beats coincide with the music and its not off. i cant wait.

13. tmsquasher

Point well taken, and yes we are working to fine tune our algorithm -- especially for harder difficulties where beat detection is highly sensitive. It's interesting how we humans are so good at detecting beats while computers are so naturally bad!

The algorithm is far from perfect, but we're making pretty regular progress on it. I'd also submit that it is much easier to feel the beats when you're actually playing as opposed to watching a video. Similarly, the beats do seem to match up a bit better when you're wearing headphones!

Still, to your point, plenty of progress to be made :)

14. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Awesome! I like music very much so it'll be a must-have on my iPod by then.:)

15. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I love rhythm games and this looks amazing. Is there any feedback if you miss a beat?

16. tmsquasher

Hey thanks! As of now, missed notes will cause the screen to get darker and less crazy (and there's a "MISS" that pops up). Sorry that isn't very apparent in the video -- Bryson's pretty good at rhythm games. :p

One thing we've been considering is adding (as an option) a sound for when you miss notes. If people are interested, that shouldn't be too difficult to add in an update.

17. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    This will definitely be an instant purchase for me, any idea when it will hit the app store?

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    It better work for the madness that is metal.

And I mean real metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYIyFHzRW0A

19. lucifon

lucifon Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    That's good to hear :) Don't suppose you guys have an ETA? Looking forward to the release!

20. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    is it just me? or the only thing this game does is play the song and throw some random gameplay, cause i don't see much sync of the gameplay with the beats...