Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    yeah...this update didn't add anything to keep me interested. Though I'm not a fan of PvP in this game or the infinite wave levels.

They really do need to add more modes, like I said in an earlier post they should add a defend the tower type of mode in PvE. These levels should have a higher spawn rate of the aliens and also more should be able to come out at one time. Cause I would guess that currently only 10-15 aliens are able to be out in the battlefield at any given point. But this would be a fun defensive type mode, possibly have to fight a type of "mini" boss after a curtain amount of aliens of been killed, just to add to the difficulty. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Also I'm desperately waiting for them to release a new machine gun (like the M-27B1) or a better laser gun/Assault Rifle. Those weapons would probably get me interested again. Also if they released a new armor similar to the thunder suit, but significantly better...dang I would have so much fun haha

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Downloaded, played and deleted this early on and reloaded it to see what the fuss is all about...

Now I remember why I deleted it in the first place... expendable ammo.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, "In-game cash, blah, blah, blah..." I would rather play my games than count bullets, TYVM.:p:D;):rolleyes:

DBC

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was actually at the point where bullets dont matter much anymore. Now this reminds me to pick the game up and see what the update is about. Goddang No Zombies Allowed and Chrono & Cash eating up my time lately.

4. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, I realize fully that I'd get to that point, but with 300+ games on my phone and double+ that on my computer, I just can't be bothered...;)

I was playing for a bit, switched to a Boss level and my gun starting going "click, click, click," and I was thinking, "Mother f'ing... you have got to be kidding me. I have to buy ammo?":mad::rolleyes::D

Next!:p:);)

DBC

5. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Wow..if the ammo is the reason you were turned off from this game..then that is depressing. Honestly I was never bothered by ammo early game..and it certainly is not an issue late game. Takes just a few seconds to buy ammo, and if you even have horrible aim...it's IMPOSSIBLE to earn less money then you spend on ammo. Even with the STK pack that gives 30% increased ammo consumption, I can still make tons and tons of money. Spending money on ammo is the last of my worries in this game, and its hard for me to believe that your actually serious about this being an issue...never crossed my mind.

Just trying the game for the fist 5-10 levels in single player/a few matches online is a unfair view, because you have hardly felt the whole experience. Why do you think its getting so many good reviews?

6. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Hundreds of millions of people enjoy something one particular person doesn't?:eek:

I know, crazy right?:rolleyes::p:D

DBC

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I hate expendable ammo too, yet I still like this game. What pissed me off was when there was a centimeter of health left on a boss and I died because I ran out of ammo.

8. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #948 Asasnator, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    No I understand some people just don't like certain games for certain reasons..though they are usually significant reasons, like gameplay/item drop rates/difficulty jumps. Having to buy ammo in this game is hardly a reason to dislike this game. Its super cheap, 1 for 1, and you can at most spend 50-70k ammo in one lvl..and thats late game where the enemies take a lot of hits. I buy 300k+ ammo and then just forget about it till I reach 40-60k and then buy another 300k+ ammo...hardly a game changer..for me at least. I mean the only downside to this is that you have to remind yourself to buy ammo as opposed to going from one match to the next...but after a while you will just do it subconsciously or you will just do what I do and buy a large amount of ammo and be done with it for 5-8 matches (assuming your doing the harder levels).

9. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #949 Drummerboycroy, Jun 20, 2012
    I think you got it, but I just wanted to be clear that I was only teasing.:D

IAH, I might go a little further and just see what happens. The first level is easy enough that I could just grind it for a bit...

I just really don't like managing things like ammo, food, whatever in games because I'm playing them to forget things like that.

Especially in a game this fantastical (a good thing), I'd rather not worry about how many bullets I have left, or even worse, whether I have enough to begin with.:eek:

I just wanna vanish into the experience...;):)

One more thing. Expendable ammo really diminishes the return on investment re: risk/reward. Already, I have failed the same (Boss) mission twice. In order to retry the mission, I have to buy ammo. For me, a game is about fun, not the anxiety of suffering unduly (in one person's opinion) as a result of stretching out and trying a new thing...

DBC

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Totally agree!
    I used to play this game like crazy:)
    I haven't for some time because no matter how much fun I had which was great at times the ammo plus upgrades issues kept getting in the way:)
    I've kept the game on my iTouch and I still hope to return soon to this great game:)

11. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    If you use the m2781, upgrade it fully, and use hyper kits you won't have ammo problems.

I always make a profit. When you start killing the bosses the money rolls in. Killing the snake with 3 players gets me over 1 million gold. My ammo costs maybe 80k.

12. Gorkelvin

Gorkelvin Member

May 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    I don't like third-person shooting too much but this game maybe worth to download :)

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok thanks for the advice:)

14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Money First, ammo later

Meh, I invest in ammo and worry about it later. I use like 180k per major boss. Since I use crab and it consumes 50% more energy. Thats why you buy 3m energy over time, and wait later :D

15. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #955 undead.exe, Jun 20, 2012
    Hey guys; long time reader, first time poster! Quick shoutout to Freyr for creating an awesome gaming experience with frequent updates and active responses to user feedback in this thread, quite impressive :p

Asasnator, I read your post about the Atom armour being glitched at some point in this thread. Not sure if someone's already answered it, but I figured out why your numbers weren't adding up before:

Damage = [Laser weapon damage x (1 + Sum of power % bonuses)] x 1.3

In other words...the extra 30% bonus for laser weapons multiplies your power bonuses as well, instead of just adding 30% of the laser weapon's base damage. That's why laser weapons were significantly stronger than the initial calculations I saw earlier in this thread. I'm not sure if the same holds true of the Thunder armour's 50% power bonus, or the hyper clips, but I'm guessing they might.

Anyway, just wondering what you guys think of people using sniper rifles in the enemy rush phase (i.e. before the boss fights). I'm finding it quite effective at racking up kills on the last two boss levels, but I've also noticed that it's harder to cover your teammates when you're getting swarmed from multiple directions. Do you guys think you've got a responsibility to cover each other's blind spots, or is it kinda "free for all, just make sure you pull your weight while fighting the boss"?

16. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    #956 Darthguy, Jun 20, 2012
    First post

I am going for perseus armor and mithril isn't that hard to get, i got windblade without purchasing any and i'll also get the bow soon...

This game is beast

17. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #957 Asasnator, Jun 20, 2012
    Yeah, your correct. That is interesting to think that the 50% bonus from the thunder suit and the 100% bonus from the hyper clip might actually calculate those things the same way. Dang...then I would be doing a ton more damage.

Eh I'm usually 50/50 when it comes to if I should help out my teammates or not. If they are able to survive on their own for a little bit without taking significant damage, THEN I will help them out because I know they most likely won't fail on boss fights. As for the players who get hit left and right, I usually just leave the match and join a different one.

18. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #958 undead.exe, Jun 20, 2012
    Modified boss reward system

I just remembered two other changes I seem to have noticed regarding boss fights and dropped gold. Can someone confirm whether I'm mistaken or not?
    1. The amount of gold a boss drops depends on how many people entered the match at the beginning, and no longer changes if someone dies before or during the boss fight.
    2. If a teammate dies BEFORE the boss fight, the boss will lose 1/3 of its HP when you start the battle.
    3. I've only had this happen once, but I think the Double Rages boss might become glitched if one or two of your teammates die. I managed to kill the green mantis on my own (the other teammate/s died before reaching the boss fight), but the blue mantis never came down from its perch, meaning I couldn't finish the battle.

If those observations are correct, I think it gives rise to some rather...political dynamics, actually:
    • You don't have to leave the match instantly if someone dies off, because your boss bonus is no longer affected.
    • You may want to keep your teammates alive, because it creates multiple distractions for the boss (i.e. boss won't always attack you)
    • You may want to LET someone die before the boss fight, if you feel that the 33% HP handicap for the boss is worth more than said teammate (not just low-levelled players, but also people who are known to bring crap weapons to a boss fight...or literally do nothing at all and let you do all the work)

For the record, my current play style? I tend to get hit a bit because of my choice of PvE gear (Andromedae legs + M-27B1 makes for sloooooow movement), but I'll pretty much stay alive to do my share of work on Serpent and Double Rages provided people are TRYING to help me kill them. I'm willing to risk losing some health (within reasonable limits) if it means a higher gold pay-off >.>

19. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    I wouldn't be too surprised if they finally changed how the gold bonus works for bosses, I sent them in an e-mail a couple days after the release of that update regarding that particular flaw.

Also, that is an interesting glitch with the double rages boss fight. The purple mantis is suppose to come down off the perch when the green mantis has about 1/3 health left. When you get the green mantis that low, he will fly up and travel to the center of the room, THEN the purple mantis will come down and join the green. I guess I could see that kind of glitch happen if you were to kill the green mantis before he was able to fly to the center of the room, which would then never trigger the purple mantis to fly down off the perch. Though you'd have to be pretty lucky to do 1/3 of the green mantis's hp before he does that..must have used hyper clip/thunder suit ability to do that much damage in that short amount of time...OR the green mantis was currently doing a move when he reached 1/3 health which would still keep him in the attacking animation. I doubt though I'll ever be able to reproduce that event lol...I guess it could happen though.

20. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    Double rages

What do you reccomend a good helth for double rages? I have 44500 health and beaten it once , i don't know if it was luck or skill, btw my teamates during that had health around 50000. Our weapons were the nova and the second chainguns...
    I hope it was skill...