QuitIt! EP3 - Lumpy's Best Friend - Submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mobileben, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    #1 mobileben, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    EP2 - Shock and Oww is now out! This is our first FREE update and we are already in production for EP3!

Lumpy suggested that we open up his Green Room on Touch Arcade to get some suggestions for features people would like to see in QuitIt!

Not sure what QuitIt! is? Check out this video to get an idea.

I'm putting in the the first pass of Who's Bad, so I can show you a before and after video on that too soon.

If you have any other suggestions for things you'd like to see in EP3 or later episodes, post them! We have more plans on how to get you guys more actively involved in getting your ideas into QuitIt!

I'll also post more deets on EP3 in this thread too!

We'll also sneak in some promocodes in this thread and there too before EP3 comes out ;). So check back later....

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    that trailer is the best. i was praying to god that the MJ hand would make a nice EEEHEEEE whilst poking. and you guys did it. i love you guys so much.

i personally think that the plunger needs to be pimped. not only does it need to be dirtier and perhaps slightly wet, it should have a suction type effect which could easily be done with a suction sound effect and the bump animation lumpy gets while being hit by the wrench.

what kind of films has lumpy starred in anyways? forrest lump? lumpy old men? :p

3. skatelakai117

skatelakai117 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    awesome!
    The game looks like alot of fun! =]
    I'll have to snag it when I can.

hopefully i'll be able to grab one of those promo codes! =]

4. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Thanks nodoctors! Lumpy got teary eyed and locked himself in the bathroom to regain composure! I'm gonna update the information on the contest, as it was brought to attention that it could be a tad ... errr ... confusing! :eek:

MJ actually has around 4 sounds he makes. We also pimped out his Poker already. Mebbe I'll accidentally post them here over the next few days, as they are already done!

You'll be happy to know that the plunger art asset is actually named Plunger_Clean. So I think you know that that means will come later ;). A suction mark could be easy to add we our new Welt 5000 simulator that we put into EP2. In the update, we also got in a few of the other Pokers that people voted on too, like the branding iron!

As far as films and other various programs Lumpy has been in ... the deets are a bit vague ... but future versions could have an unlocked "video vault" or something like that with pictures and info on Lumpy's past! Rumor has it we have something like that planned!

The game is a lot of fun! And it will get better over time!

I'll update the poker contest thingie in a few. There is something else I just discovered from Lumpy today that he's nudging me to post too ... when his royal Blueness says jump I have to .... :eek:

5. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    ah i do remember you hinting at a dirtier plunger in the past...this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. ;)

a gallery with some faux stills and movie posters of lumpy's past work would be so great!

6. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Hahahah ... I wonder if it would be too gross if the ... err ... dirty plunger leaves some remnants on Lumpy? Kinda like Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo?

7. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #7 nodoctors, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    to be perfectly honest, i was contemplating on adding that to my previous post...but i just don't know if that's going way too far. then again, i think the mystery surprise gift could be considered a bit too far for some =x

it could just be a little brown scuff that disappears along with the lump...maybe you could animate a fly or two to fly around when the plunger is equipped. :) though, animating some flies should be the least or your worries with the next update.

8. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Hahaha ... I sort of felt the same way. I actually had a bit of "Submit Reply" remorse after clicking. I like the flies. Actually we could do a test run. We were thinking of making Ye Olde Turkey Leg leave a grease mark on Lumpy after impact.

Oh, and this just in.

Lumpy demanded this morn that I change our App Store icon to this!

[​IMG]

More info was posted on that in this thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=28418

Now back to updating the info for the contest to get people some promocodes!

9. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Everyone, I just added images to my original post show everyone one the Pokers are, so they can have a better idea on what I'm talking about. I'll be working on a short movie to show the difference between the normal ones and the one's where Lumpy reacts differently towards it.

More deets coming soon. Think I hear Lumpy a callin'!

10. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
  11. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Just letting people know, we're going to have a promocode give away tomorrow... :D It'll be a contest.

12. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Probably sounds silly but i'm pretty glad there are ways to make Lumpy happy this time around. I couldn't really tolerate QuitIt for very long in the past due to everything making him sad and quite frankly I felt like an asshole.

Not for me I guess, but still!

13. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Well I can't use them because I'm in the UK, but I have a friend in the US.

Guess what, Xmas came early,
    I'm getting a iTunes card today

14. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Sorry that you had a bad feeling when poking Lumpy. We got a bunch of feedback where people felt bad poking the Lumpster. We had always planned on making him happy, but it became obvious that people wanted that sooner, so we started to add it in EP2!

Hopefully EP2 has provided a better experience for you! Has it?

Future episodes will continue to allow you to make him even more happy. And we'll also have a more defined "neutral" state.

That is awesome! :D Let us know what you think of the game! If you like it, help us spread the word and give us a good review on iTunes.

We're also still doing updates ... which means more things and more reactions to do later on.

If there are different features or other types of changes you want, hit is up! Lumpy loves getting feedback!

15. 2n Productions

2n Productions Well-Known Member

We're in the process of posting the deets to our promo code contest giveaway! We'll be posting it in our EP2 thread in iPhone and iPod Touch Games! :D Good luck!

16. 2n Productions

2n Productions Well-Known Member

Deets now posted on the other thread! Good luck!

17. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    We posted some EP3 deets on our blog. You can find the info here!

Like you were indicating, many people wanted to make Lumpy feel better. As you know we have the Joy Buzzer, which has special anims for Lumpy. Each episode we're going to give Lumpy newer anims towards the Pokers in the game. EP3 will have 3 new Lumpy anims set. 2 good ones and 1 bad one.

Here is an example of the first one we're working on.

Please note, this is very much a work in progress. The first part shows what the current Who's Bad poker does to Lumpy in EP2. The ending shows what it will roughly look like in EP3. Note we're still fixing it and there is a finality.

A finality is a special anim that you need to trigger to get.

Let us know what you guys think!

18. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Wow, that's awesome.

19. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Thanks! We'll be posting more stuff soon to show you guys! The finality has Lumpy doing his version of a Moon Walk :p!

20. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Name Lumpy's New Lil' Friend

EP3 will introduce a new interactive Gift for Lumpy. Meet Lumpy's new friend ...

[​IMG]

The only problem right now is this lil' fella doesn't have a name yet. And we're looking to you to help name him! Just who and what does he do? He's a toy dog, a futuristic one at that. Maybe the type of pet you'd see on Zgrunturos? You may be thinking does he do tricks? He sure does!

I guess you could consider him Lumpy's pet here on Earth ... don't worry he's house broken. Wait! Is he really even a he?

We're gonna be giving out promo codes in the naming of him. We have 3 shiny promo codes for the best 3 names for this lil' fella/gal. Depending on the number of suggestions, we may take this to a poll for the final selections.

Leave your suggestions, as many as you want, here in this thread or on our blog.The full story on our blog can be read here!