Zoo Lasso: combo-based shape-drawing action puzzler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by timknauf, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

#1 timknauf, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

We’re proud to present Zoo Lasso, our first iPhone game, scheduled for App Store release on November the 25th.

Game site: launchingpadgames.com/games/zoo-lasso
    App store link (once the game is out): itunes.com/apps/ZooLasso

Screenshots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gameplay video

A video is worth a thousand words. :)

About the game

All the animals in the zoo are escaping, and it’s up to you to rope ’em in! Lasso lions, monkeys, zebras and parrots as fast as you can in frantic combo-based puzzle action.

• Simple to play — just use your finger to draw around animals
    • Easy to learn, but challenging to master — get the biggest scores with elaborate combos
    • Cute graphics and catchy music!

Gameplay

Use your finger to draw around different species. Rope up lots at once to get more points. Then go for big combo bonuses with figure eights, clover leaves or even wilder shapes. But watch out… if too many animals leap onto the screen, you’ll be overwhelmed!

Features

• Simple but deep combo gameplay.
    • Start your mission as a lowly Volunteer Rope Holder and rise through all 11 ranks to Emperor of Entrapment and beyond.
    • Beat your friends’ scores on the OpenFeint leaderboards.
    • Make sure you catch the time-slowing tortoise!
    • More content scheduled for regular game updates: look out for OpenFeint achievements, theme packs and (we hope, eventually!) a two-player mode.

2. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Two important bits of information I forgot to mention:

Price: We're launching at a special price of 99c. We may raise the price to $1.99 later once some extra features are in.

We also have a Facebook page where you can keep abreast of developments. And of course you can follow me and Tristan on Twitter.

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Surprised there is no interest in your game yet. Looks good. Goodluck with it.

4. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

DaveMc: Looks like we do have a bit of interest now, thanks to you. :)

I should say that we've recently finalised the plan for our 1.1 release. It'll introduce OpenFeint achievements, including some expected ones like attaining certain ranks, as well as a few more esoteric and unusual ones.

5. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Now, how about a few promo codes?

Some promo codes for those wanting to take a look in advance of release:

FXPT3KJHEJ9J
    4JT3TL9AJ6FR
    N3W4NANA7PET
    6NXFJ4T49TEW
    HWL64L9XRTPN

Enjoy! :cool:

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    6NXFJ4T49TEW, thanks!

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    looks cute, fun, and challenging

used HWL64L9XRTPN

8. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Got N3W4NANA7PET.
    Thanks, this looks really cute!

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Got FXPT3KJHEJ9J, Thanx :)

10. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Very early impressions (I only played for a few rounds)- Very cute pick up and play game. The graphics are great and the animals are pretty realistic. I like the option to continue the game when you pause and exit. Also, the directions are very clear which is always a plus! :)

11. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Took the last code 4JT3TL9AJ6FR, Thanks

12. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Oh yeah, I should have said in the features that you can continue your game after exiting. But we kinda think that should be standard in iPhone games! :)

And thanks for the other compliments. We've worked hard on the polish, presentation and instructions, so it's good to know they're appreciated.

13. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Enjoy the promo codes

Enjoy your promo codes guys. I'll see about publishing another batch; just have to make sure that we have enough left for reviewers etc.

14. Shawn[QS]

Shawn[QS] Member

This game really looks top notch and the gameplay looks very sharp! I will have to see about purchasing this app for my kids; they would get a kick out of it!

15. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Thanks Shawn. We didn't get the opportunity to playtest with many kids, but a couple of my friends' young 'uns tried it and they seemed to enjoy it a lot. Hopefully even quite little kids can enjoy the drawing aspect and the cute animals even if they don't top the leaderboards. ;)

16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Played several games of this and it is definitely a well done game. I love the OpenFeint integration, the graphics are cute, and it gets difficult pretty quickly...don't let the cuteness fool you.

My one complaint is that it is difficult to draw loops around creatures at the upper right corner...it is very easy to stray too far and activate the pause button instead.

In the Open Feint integration, I would love it if the ranks we earn while sorting animals were listed as achievements/trophies in OF and showed what we did to earn them.

Stats like total number of animals sorted and for each species, largest number of animals lassoed, and largest combo would also be cool to see on stat leaderboards.

17. timknauf

timknauf Active Member

Hehe, it's our secret plan to lure you in with cuteness and then overwhelm you. ;)

Oh bother, I thought I had fixed that completely. It shouldn't activate pause unless your touch both started and ended on the button and there isn't a loop in progress. But maybe there are a couple of edge cases still tripping it up. Will look into that for the first update.

Great ideas, thanks for the feedback. Version 1.1 will hopefully include a big OpenFeint-focused update where we add achievements (rank-based and other) and a bunch of interesting stats, like you suggest.

18. e1iminat0r

e1iminat0r Member

Nov 23, 2009
  19. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks for this impression. I will buy :)

20. timknauf

timknauf Active Member