Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Faucett

Faucett Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    No. Kinda strange, I guess - I've had it crash at least 4 times. I've never had any other apps open, and I've usually done a restart on my phone fairly soon before playing.

Running 4.3.5 on the iphone4 - quite possible its unique to me!

2. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Um... okay... solved the game, beat the Dark Lord and read the last text until the end... after that I was taken to the opening screen and could only load my last savegame... so I'm still at Crescent Cove and have not equipped the hero armor anymore :-(

What about the update - do I have to beat the Dark Lord again??

I was hoping for being able to grind a little bit more to be prepared for the update :-(

3. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Don't worry about having to beat the dark lord again - the first update's new content is Ander's story and runs parallel to Ogden's story. In a future update they will tie up and you'll be able to import save games, but Ogden will get the hero's equipment no matter what in that story anyway.

4. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Although I will add the ability to save after the ending scene pretty soon - my bad for not having done that already.

5. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks again for your quick reply and no problem... I won't mind having to face the Dark Lord again... in fact I've killed him already twice (the first time unfortunately without the hero's armory :D )

Cannot wait for the update - I've literally devoured the game so far ;)

6. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    #106 Adam @ Muteki Corp, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    Dragon Fantasy 1.0.2 has been approved by Apple!

We've added item stats in the shops, quick save support, and improved graphics in several dungeons, particularly the volcano. The game's performance is also improved on most devices! There's also a ton of less major fixes and improvements.

Of course, bug fixes are great, but the best stuff is still to come! Take a peek at 1.1!

Attached Files:

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    nice! great work.

8. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Oh! And also the text support for iOS 3 devices has been added. My humble apologies for not having had that work in the first release!

9. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Hah hah! Love the scarf on the Mr. Rock Monster and the snowman!

EDIT: If I had my own PC besides a work laptop right now I'd make that my desktop's wallpaper...

10. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I've never got into turn based RPG's, and this is in fact the first one I've consistently played. It's really accessible and a great game. Good work. Glad to also learn that it's going to be updated on a regular basis. I love games that have charm and characteristic. This has it all. Again, great job.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think you've got a great game engine here, great graphics, funny humour, and its converted a fair few of us who arent normally into turn based RPG's

The next 'update/sequel' seems great, would love to see a bigger game in the future with lots of sub quests, non-linear etc and lots of different towns to visit.

But a great start so far, i initially played this game non-stop and was sad to complete it !

12. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011

Ha, I gotta be honest, I was thinking the same thing. I play a ton of MMO's and action RPG's and couldn't help but think about how awesome this game would be with a mix of both world's. Monsters dropping loot.. quests.. etc. I don't expect it to happen, and it's not like it'd deter me from the game. Just something to think about.

13. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Haha, I'm listening and you can expect it to happen! Ander's story is a little more open than Ogden's, and Jerald's story (the story after Ander's (pretend I didn't just announce that)) is more like a Megaman level progression than anything else.

14. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

Others have been able to receive the update, so a problem I have must be just on my iPod. It's regarding this game, though, so someone on this thread may know what to do:
    When I press the update button, it registers that I touched it but nothing else. What should I do?

I'm sorry to keep complaining.

15. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Are you talking about the update button in the app store itself?

16. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

Yes.

17. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    This really looks impressive. Question on the controls: I really prefer a virtual D-pad in the corner to move, instead of click anywhere/swipe controls. Is there any chance of a virtual D-pad being added in a patch (I remember when Ash was patched with this functionality, and for me it made it a ton more fun/easier to play.)

18. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I need your help. I'm in the mines of the dead miner. Got the item that obviously belongs to him but I still can't proceed... so, right now, I'm stuck. What am I missing? Please help.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep must admit if theres the option to turn this on/off this would be great, much prefer a small control pad in the corner, be easier

20. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    A virtual d-pad has been requested by a good number of people so it's on our list of future additions. I can't say what update exactly it will come in, but it's definitely going to come.