Mad Catz CTRL i gamepad help!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Belivwin236, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Belivwin236

Belivwin236 New Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Yesterday I bought a mad catz ctrl i game pad and everything about it was perfect, it was responsive and compatible with most console like games. But the app that it runs with was a bit glitchy and kept knocking the wifi connection. Mad catz boast of an "over the air update" which updates the gamepad to essentially future proof it, well I did this last night and the app crashed and it seems that the firmware has been wiped off the gamepad and will no longer connect as "madcatz ctrl i" and run partnered with the app, it now only gets recognised as "gamepad" when searched for via Bluetooth ! Has anybody else had any problems because I can't find anything online? What should I do? :confused:

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Bumping this to see if anyone else has problems. I was just about to buy on of these.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I haven't tried that update... and now I won't!

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Mine is still showing firmware version 1.0 and there's no update available.

5. pylons

pylons Member

Apr 23, 2014
    how to connect Madcatz CTRL?

Hi guys,

I have a problem with how to connect my brand new Madcatz CTRL controller. I have hooked the controller successfully with my Ipad (running IOS 8, up to date one) via bluetooth. I opened the MHFU options and tried to turn on the MFi Game controller option to "on", but I can't. It says on the bottom "Mfi Game Controller is not connected" and I touched the screen once more to switch the option from "off" to "on", it says "Press A on the MFi Game Controller". I did press A (and I tried all other buttons), it wont let me use this controller. Please help. anyone have or have had any issue with this before?

Thanks in advance.

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Is MHFU a game? Try force-quitting the game or rebooting the phone. Maybe the game likes it better then the controller is already connected before the game is run.

7. pylons

pylons Member

Apr 23, 2014
    I connected the controller before opening the apps. I downloaded the apps to see the battery level and firmware info, but the software doesnt detect the phone either.

8. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Did you pair the controller with your iPad first?

1. On your host device, navigate to Settings>Bluetooth. Be sure to enable Bluetooth on the host.
    2. Press and hold the pause button for 3 seconds. The player LEDs will blink once a second.
    3. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds. The player LEDs will blink twice a second.
    4. Mad Catz Micro C.T.R.L.i will appear in the list of devices. Tap/click the entry to pair.
    5. When pairing is complete the device list will indicate the product is connected. The first LED on the pad will also be lit constant red.

9. pylons

pylons Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Connected perfectly just my ipad 3 wont detect it. I tried my wife's iphone and it worked flawlessly. Idk.. there must be something with the old ipad 3. I have all the ios software updated.

10. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    iPad 3 isn't listed as compatible on mad Catz website. I have an iPad 3 so I'll try to pair it with my mad Catz when I get home today.

11. pylons

pylons Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Thanks. Please let me know how it comes.

12. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I can't get it to work with my iPad 3 either. It shows up in the Bluetooth devices as connected but the controller doesn't work. I guess it's not compatible.

13. pylons

pylons Member

Apr 23, 2014
    So, yep. It's the same as what I'm facing. So, sad that even on the most updated os, it still wont work. Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Son, i am disappoint.

15. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    iPad 3 doesn't work, sorry. Only devides with Lightning ports are compatible with MFi controllers