Thank you and site comments for Arn

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Misguided, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hi all,

I discovered the site recently and it is quickly becoming a daily stop, so I registered for the forums today. I mainly wanted to say thank you--it's a great looking site and I've found it really useful so far. I do have a few suggestions/questions if you're interested.

I love the ability to see the newest changes to the app store. Heck, I picked up Hexxagon Labs this morning (which looks quite good, btw) and I never would have known about it otherwise, and also took advantage of the price drop on the Pangea games. I'm hoping it might be possible to consider fleshing this out in a couple of ways. First, I'd really like to be able to go back through prior entries, but I haven't seen a way to do this. There are so many new titles coming out that it's tough to keep up with them all. I was also wondering (though this is less important, I think) if it might be possible to separate out price drops from new titles.

I was also surprised to see that there's no way to search for games by their rating on the app store. I assume this has been discussed previously, but a quick forum search didn't turn up anything, so I thought I'd mention it. I think this would be handy, even if those ratings may not be the most reliable in the world.

Thanks again to Arn et al. I look forward to spending more time on the site and in the forums.

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Welcome to TouchArcade! :D

You'll find that not all members are as friendly as the majority wants, but if you search before posting a new topic you should be fine. :)

Please stick around and join the discussions about games you like to play! :)

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    While this site provides great game reviews, you might also want to check out appvee.com for reviews of applications. Price drops, new games, and updates cAn all be found at appshopper.com. You can sort by genre and what you wanna see ( price drop, new, update), and it'll also show you any price changes or updates to an application. Also check out AppSniper in the app store, so you can build your wishlist and easily keep track of it. I sometimes see a game I'd like and forget it's name, and lose it in the 15000 apps.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Hi,

Thanks for the comments. The price drops and new games are a convenience for TouchArcade visitors. For more detailed breakdown, I'd suggest going to

http://appshopper.com

You can go back further and filter by price or new. In the future you should be able to search by ratings and what not.

arn

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yes. Welcome. This is how a new member SHOULD come in. But most just start by not using search, and making the 20th Super Monkey Ball thread.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks for the warm welcome, all.
    Appreciate the link to AppShopper.com, Arn. The sort features and ability to see updates are much appreciated.

7. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Welcome to the forums, it's great to see new people who don't just barge in and expect to run the site. It's nice to see someone come in with some manners and thank the people that keep up this site (Arn, Blake, wastedyuthe, salasmd, (any other mods that I forget :eek: ) This really is an awesome site to keep in the loop of iPhone and iPod touch gaming just because, who knows what consumers want other than actual consumers? The forums are great so have some fun in them!

8. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Welcome

I thought I'd add my voice and say hello and welcome! This is a great site for keeping up to date and for getting feedback from other "real" users of games and apps. So welcome and I look forward to seeing you in the forums! :)

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    You're welcome. I do what I can...

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Hello. Welcome to the site. Beware though, once you start, you cannot leave.:eek:

Really, I can barely go a day without going to Toucharcade.

11. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    He is right! :D But seriously welcome to Toucharcade!

12. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Yep, it's dang addicting. Welcome and have fun!

13. MyiPhone

MyiPhone Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Hi!

This is really the best site to get informations about new Apps and Games for the iPhon/iPodTouch!
    Thanks for updating this site all the time!
    Also the forum is great to talk about new games and first impressions about them!

Thanks a lot!

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Arn and Blake, I appreciate what you guys are doing for iPhone gamers in the US and abroad. I have been well informed and thouroughly enjoyed the conversations and even friendships I have formed because of Touch Arcade.
    I have browsed other sites that cover Appstore gaming, what sparce info those sites have provided seemed very inconsistent with what I and others eventually find out.

I dare anyone to find a better community than TA! Since it's inception, you guys along with all the continued personalities here, have made this site world-class! Thanks,

Richard

15. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    just get app snipper it does what you ask with the seperated price drops and new games

16. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Arn,

I won't mention any names but it seems some people on this site have forgotten what friendly chat is all about. They are more concerned about promo codes and running others off to get them.

Rad

17. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Well, if you see any questionable behavior, simply report their posts. We can't police every post ourselves so it's up to participants to help keep the community in check.

arn