Spectrum Light Battle by the Developer

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nextdimensiongames, Oct 25, 2009.

1. nextdimensiongames

Oct 21, 2009
    Inventor, Chief of Research & Development
    Greenwich, CT
    For those of you who have read the original thread as well as Droidaphone's illegitimate thread, let me clear up the confusion by giving you a genuine thread about Spectrum Light Battle.

Spectrum Light Battle is a visual strategy game where you generate your own battle power instead of relying on the luck of the draw like with trading card games. The whole purpose of Spectrum Light Battle is to first master the skill of timing and then to generate the best button values. To minimize ties, a color system was established where one color has an advantage against three other colors. This system is also used to give players with a lower power to have a second chance to tie or win against the opponent. Various effects were implemented to boost the player's power or reduce the opponent's power. One of the most visually attractive about the game is generating a large enough battle power to eliminate your opponent in a single turn. Players will truly appreciate Spectrum Light Battle when there are two people that have mastered the skill of timing and need to use strategy.

For those of you who have been reading Droidaphone's thread regarding Spectrum Light Battle, he is just upset that he felt goaded into buying the game. His initial opinion of the game was negative because of a promotion we are offering, which is that if you refer at least 5 others to purchase and register the game, you will receive the next version for free. When I recommended that he purchase the game to get an informed opinion, he took the recommendation with prejudice and bias against the game, fully intending to trash the game. Unfortunately, he has taken this way too personal and has become nothing more than a coward that had to make a thread to trash the game, and worse yet, prevented me from rebutting with replies. It just shows that he has no class, let alone talent or skill to invent anything other than an opinion. Furthermore, he probably feels inferior as a gamer because he probably can't master the skill of timing, which even a 10 year old child can do. Logically, he is either someone less than 10 years of age, or at least has the maturity of someone that age, or he is incapable of competing against others.

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Ouch... a bit of friendly advice for a developer: if you don't like the feedback, don't respond with insults, it'll just hurt other gamers' opinions of you as a developer. SLB is an OK game for me though, I've managed to grasp a good idea of what to do, except for the special effects.

3. nextdimensiongames

Oct 21, 2009
    Greenwich, CT
    Reply to Kunning

Thank you for taking the opportunity to play the game. As for insults, I haven't really insulted Droidaphone. I was pointing out the fact that Droidaphone has taken this issue to a level it didn't need to go. He initially didn't have an interest in the game because of a promotion we are offering. I recommended that he play the game so he could get an informed opinion. Instead of giving an open-minded and neutral critique, he took the opportunity to buy the game just to trash it. It didn't stop there. He made a new thread and made it so I couldn't provide a reply or a rebuttal. Droidaphone's comments go way beyond negative to the point of personal attacks through a severely negative review and rating on iTunes and an equally severely negative threat here on Touch Arcade. At least with another user named DAV!DiOT, even though he expressed he has no intention of playing the game, he left it at that and didn't continue.

So while I do understand where you are coming from, this is a situation where Droidaphone is going to the extreme as if he is getting revenge over a recommendation to buy the game.

4. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    you called him classless and pathetic! which came out of no-where you wanted a review from him he gave you one with his honest opinion you can't expect all reviews to be good

5. nextdimensiongames

Oct 21, 2009
    Greenwich, CT
    Reply to UndeadZed

You have to see the original thread for Spectrum Light Battle (99c) to understand the situation. What started out as a misunderstanding about the promotion we are offering turned into way more than it should have. Droidaphone's personal thread and his review and rating on iTunes was not open-minded and neutral. The reason why I know this is because a person that has played Spectrum Light Battle without positive or negative opinions from anyone else enjoys the game. Anyone of a child's age that has played this game that has seen a 140 power sphere thinks it is the coolest thing to see, and wants to play over and over again. For older players, they appreciate the strategy of using the best effect against their opponent.

As I have been saying, the next version will be much better than this one because of the team battles involved. The reason we haven't launched that one yet is for two reasons. It will take about 5 to 6 months to complete it and people need to get used to the timing system. When players assemble their teams, they will want to get as much practice as possible so they can find the best team members.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Y'know I'm not sure that's a great strategy... iPhone games are pretty casual, they come and go all the time... if I start playing this version now, I'll be finished with it by the time the next version comes out. Even if it has a ton of improvements, I'll be onto newer games by then. I'm not saying the game is bad, but I think most people are just looking for quick fixes when they play games on their iDevice, that's why half the people on this forum spend way too much money on apps.

7. nextdimensiongames

Oct 21, 2009
    Greenwich, CT
    Reply to MidianGTX

I understand your point of view, but a game like how the next version will be is going to take longer than many of the other apps take to make, which to my knowledge can be pumped out in 1 month or less. Games that are picture based, which is really similar to how the iPhone/iPod Touch devices allow you to transition pictures, take very little time to program. In any case, I can't emphasize enough how much better the next version will be in terms of game play.

By the way, this version has only been around since 10/20/2009. All I can ask is that people be patient and give the game a chance to prove itself.