Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by skipper587, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I have a good idea for a feature that I saw on another forum. At the top, there's an option that shows all threads that you've posted in that have new posts in them. That makes navigation soo much easier. Just a thought.

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Dave, I don't think that's what he means.

What I usually do is go into my post statistics to find the posts I posted in to check for updates.

It gets hard when you're invested in 10 different topics and don't want to subscribe but want to see what's been updated since your post.

Maybe some sort of fake forum that when you load the page it loads the last X threads you've posted in if they have updates, when you click on the link it takes you to your last post in said thread and you can go from there.

3. Here's the forum, if you want to see for yourself: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php It's at the top. But of course, you're going to have to register.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can you not post a link so we can at least see what you mean?

That's what I do, subscribing is too much effort :p

5. #7 skipper587, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    Link posted in my previous post or in my siggy. The Learn Na'vi one. Sorry, just realized that there are a bunch of links in my siggy :p

6. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    I like your new font too, it makes me think you're a 38 year old white woman who likes to design websites with lots of fairys :)

7. And that makes me think that you're a 50 year old no life who lives with his parents, does iPhone reviews, and flames teenagers all day. AVATAR <<--Let's see if you can make the connection.

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I have to agree.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I will be more mature about it - the font while pretty - makes it really hard to read your posts. Its small and very thin. Sometimes I just see your sig and think you made a mistake and didn't post anything (even though I know that is not possible). I understand where and why you have it but why not keep the forum norms?

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #12 ImNoSuperMan, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    If you use Dave`s method, you can pretty much accomplish that here too. Change your settings to subscribe to every thread you post in and then add this link to your bookmarks bar. It`ll show you all the threads you have posted.

Btw I use this link instead. Shows me the latest threads from all the forums in one window and not just the one`s I`ve subscribed to.

[​IMG]

11. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA

I'll try the first method, and see how it works.

The second one will get that damned MMO forum's posts in my view, and I hate that forum.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    No. Your font is very annoying.

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I still fail to understand why you're so obsessed with learning a language that was in a movie..

14. Have you seen the movie?

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea..it was cool. Cool enough to learn a non-existent language that will only ever be heard in the movie? No. If you're willing to learn a new language, why not learn one that will be useful?

16. I'm in Spanish 4, bro. I'm nearing the end of Spanish, but I saw the movie, saw some Na'vi, and saw how easy it was and decided to start learning it.

17. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Terrible movie, completely unoriginal. Anyway, where is the bookmarks bar?

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    As if that matters in the slightest.