Featured on slidetoplay!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dancy, Jul 10, 2009.

1. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hey guys sorry I haven't been around for a while, I've been REALLY busy working (developing of course!) so I haven't had time for much of anything really. Anyways, I thought I'd mention that I (and hopple) was featured in an article on slidetoplay.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/iphone-gaming-for-women

Let me know what you think!

2. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    student :P
    east coast.... somewhere
    Congrats! It's awesome (and about time :)) women are making are making an impact on gaming. :)

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    High-five! You may be one of the sparks of the video game gender revolution! However, I'm still extremely disturbed by the apparent lack of blood, gore, and violent images in your game. PM me if you need help with accurate limb-dismemberment physics.

Sincerely,
    Your Fellow Male Gamer

4. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    ^^LOL thanks but I'm capable of those physics myself. I do intend to make more games but I haven't started on another just yet because I have other big projects I'm working on.

5. clickmazes

clickmazes Active Member

Hi there. Nice write-up. As a woman myself, with a life-long passion for both puzzles and software (I was implementing puzzle-games on my father's business computers as long ago as the early 80s) - I salute you - and wish you best of luck for the future. I'm not a developer - so you are safe from competition ;) Personally I have no idea why it's such a male-dominated industry. Can't relate to it at all!

6. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Hey guys.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Dancy and everybody who helped me in this feature. It has been in the long time in the coming, but definitely worth the wait for me. Hope you all enjoy!

- Tim

7. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Nice work, Dancy! I can't believe you're just 18! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

One nice thing about being a woman in this industry is that you stand out from the crowd a bit, which is really valuable in the uber-competitive and crowded App Store market. Sarah (@IUGOME) is right - there were about 20 women out of the 5000 WWDC participants. Were you at WWDC this year?

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Hi Dancy,

Nice write-up, expecting more games from you :)

It is a male-dominated industry coz you do not want to develop.
    There are zillions of clickmazes in the crowd there who just want to pat dancy's back but do nothing about being there themselves.

4get being a competition to Dancy, instead Hop on!

9. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Thanks Tim! It was a long time coming but definitely worth the wait. I was not at WWDC as I cannot afford to actually fly there (and they say University is good for us!).

10. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

It is a great article and I thank Tim for writing it. :)

11. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    You're pretty much the first woman dev. I have met for the iDevices.... Congratz! :D, yes I know other women have developed apps for the iDevice, yet I don't know any so far >.>...

12. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    ^^Thanks! That makes me feel good.

13. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

Congrats Dancy!

I also agree that is yet time that woman came strongly to game development. Wish you success.