Temple of Doom! testers wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ColinL, May 24, 2016.

1. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    #1 ColinL, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Hey everybody!

So I've been working on this little shooter for a while and felt like its time to get some fresh eyes on it and get some feedback.

The game is a platformer/Shooter with strong influences from awesome games such as Super Crate Box, Nuclear Throne and Towerfall.

Basically you spawn in the stage, open some chests to get some random weapons, then blast everything that moves while frantically trying not to run out of ammo or die.

Im going to drop some screenshot and Gifs in here, post your email or send me a PM if you would like a TF build.

your score is based on kills, Im interested to see what people think of the difficulty so far.

[​IMG]

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #2 LordShad0wz, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Hahahaha

I can already tell you I'm going to like this game.

My first game. I spawn. Wave 1 starts. I get to a chest. There's a bazooka. I grab it. An enemy jumps up to my platform and I fire.

Boom splat.

I died. Game over. Hahahaha. First game. 1 kill. 1 death.

Would it be possible to put in an automatic weapon grabber so we just then have to worry about switching?

Also if we run out of ammo could we have a melee weapon? I love me some melee.

I'm going to play for a few hours and then do a full review and let's see what I can break lol

This game is going to be a lot of fun! I've already got good vibes.

Billy

3. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Billy!

yeah you got to give your self some space with those Explosive weapons. When you say auto weapon grabber, you mean auto pickup weapons? That would kind of break the weapon carrying system, A big part of the game play in my opinion is switching between the 2 weapons you have. For example I like to carry a long range weapon like the cross bow or Lazer Rifle and combine it with a short range weapon like the shot gun, Switching the weapons also adds to more tactical decisions on how you manage your ammo.

Sorry no melee, but you can stomp enemies mario Style!

4. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Here is some frog men getting blasted with the grenade launcher.

[​IMG]

5. jmonett

jmonett Active Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Hi the game is a blast to play it's a little like the old school game Joust, but more guns and different enemies. Great job!!

6. ksr

ksr Active Member

Apr 9, 2016
    test flight notes

Just played this on test flight, here are my notes:

Overall: great game! I especially love the enemy design. The guy that shoots the "freeze" net, great. And when the big yellow spider rolls out, awesome.

Difficulty: I think the difficulty ramps up perfectly in campaign mode. In fact, I'm always dying about 5 waves into level one. You might think about having more levels, but only 3 or so waves per level, so that I could feel like I'm making some progress. For endless mode, I think it is too easy and ramps up too slowly, and I don't get to see all the cool enemies.

Tutorial: Mostly clear, but I didn't immediately understand the weapon selection mechanic. At first, I assumed that you always have a pistol, then you can additionally have one "big" gun at a time. Only later did I realize that you can drop the pistol and carry two "big" guns.

Bugs:

i) I think empty weapons should disappear. It's confusing having all those ammo-less weapons lying around.
    ii) I equipped two of the same gun (ak47 I think), then each shot took a bullet away from both ammo counters! It was like having only one gun, but two ammo counters for that gun.
    iii) In level select screen, the Back button is cut off at the bottom of my screen (iphone 6S plus).

-Hope this helps!

7. SleazyParachute

May 4, 2016
    Looks great

Game looks like a lot of fun, id like to test if at all possible. [email protected]