Universal Darkside Detective - A micro adventure game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DoomCube, Jan 13, 2015.

1. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
    #1 DoomCube, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Darkside Detective is a micro-adventure game being developed for smart phones and tablets (both iOS & Android). Its release date is set for later in 2015.

Join Dt.Francis McQueen as he investigates the most bizarre and obscure cases that come across his desk. From the occult to the supernatural, anything is possible in this micro adventure game.

Darkside Detective was born at a game jam in November 2014. The original demo was created in under 8 hours, which you can play via this LINK.

The short demo proved to be quite popular after we posted it online, convincing us that there was life in creating an extended game. The final game will consist of a series of humorous bite-size investigations.

We'll be positng updates here as we progress. In the meantime, if you're interested to find out more, check out our facebook page

[​IMG]

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I love detective games and this look's specially nice, count me as interested, how the pricing will be BTW? :D Can't wait

3. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks for your interest. We're not exactly sure about pricing as of yet. The game will consist of numerous mini cases for players to solve, each lasting 5 - 10 minutes. We're considering releasing the game with the first 2 cases for free and then having the remaining cases (approx 8-10) downloadable at around 2 or 3 dollars.

Cheers.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks really good

5. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks, Dreadnok!

6. Day one, no matter the price, day one. Count on me !

7. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks GreedPhantom, great to hear it. :)

8. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
  9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I love games like these can't wait

10. The art is superb, old-school but with a newer flair to it. This definitely looks like something I'd pick up. Excited to give your prototype a look. I had a similar experience with a game jam game that found unexpected legs. Great feeling, isn't it? Congrats... looking forward to your game.

11. edwin.ramirez

edwin.ramirez Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Excelent decision. I'll be waiting on Google Play for this to show up. :)

12. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    Really looking forward to this. May try the demo but don't wanna spoil anything for the release, is the demo case/story/content separate from what will be featured in the native iOS app?

13. DoomCube

DoomCube Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks Dreadnok & Sean. It's a great feeling to see it have a life of its own.

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Exactly how I feel! It's like Sherlock meets Mulder meets Dick Tracy and I don't want to spoil it.

And offering an unlock all cases through an IAP is good. Or just release a two case free app and a full price version. Whichever is easier on you guys, cause I'm buying it either way!

15. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Is this another game we wont see or??

16. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Would be a shame, it was a promising one!:/