Do we know when Final Fantasy Tactics for iPad is due?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Grantanz, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Grantanz

Grantanz Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I've been bravely holding out against getting the iPhone version of FFT (for a few weeks, at least). I had the vague impression that the iPad version would arrive about a month after the iPhone one, and that time must be getting close now.

Have there been any clues as to a date?

2. hippiefahrzeug

hippiefahrzeug Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    this posting desperately needs a bump. I've been waiting with bated breath.

3. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
    need info

I Have a feeling that as soon as i buy the iPhone version I'll end up seeing a HD iPad version in the app store the next day. If anyone could post a release date for the iPad that would be awesome

4. nono6400

nono6400 New Member

Sep 12, 2011
    It was first said by Square that the iPad app will be released in August. But the itunes page of the iPhone version say "Autumn". So it will be released between September 23th and December 22th :)

5. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I've been waiting for the iPad version as well. So many good memories playing the game at a friends house!

6. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #6 Bad Hanson, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    Same here guys. I bought the iphone version, I figured I could play the game scaled up on ipad and do a practice run on the first part of the game whilst waiting for the pad version to arrive (This is one game I will gladly pay for again if they make the ipad version look nice). It was a big disappointment that the game does not run well on iPad as it just freezes every couple of minutes. TBH I feel the iphone screen is a little fiddly for all the game in this game and so have been playing the game on my psp in the interim. Square have been having a great time with my cash lately and yet here I am desperate for the iPad release. I would love to play Vagrant Story on iPad too one day and Tactics Ogre too :)

7. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
  8. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
  9. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
    square enix, why must you torment me? i just want a release date for iPad. i dont care if its next year i just want to know a date

10. se7zer

se7zer New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Java Devel
    Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
    Bump. Can't wait too. I want a date.

@offtopic: Probably december 22 we will have another sales of the game "Superbrothers EP: Sword and Sorcery" for those who are interested...

just guessing thou.

11. lionhead3

lionhead3 New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I would love this on my iPad, I didn't even know you can get it for you iPhone

12. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    i just lost my save, so ill wait for retina (if any) to start again.

13. riverlake

riverlake Member

Feb 16, 2009
    bump

anyone can give a clue?

14. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
    I had a nightmare last night that it finally came to the app store but it was only for iPad 2.

15. vahnx

vahnx Member

Jun 21, 2010
    i look forward to playing it on my ipad any f'in day now

16. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I swear, my least favor part of being an iOS gamer is the utter lack of release date accountability. Maybe I'm spoiled by my console roots. But when I want a game, I look up he date, maybe even through a pre-order down at a store or online. Dates are subject to change, but delays are announced with a new projected date.

On iOS? You just get a vague seasonal window, MAYBE narrowed down to a month. Then one week you browse TA on a Wednesday and see the game is dropping that night. I guess for the comparative price I shouldn't complain. But where is that guy with the white board? Wouldn't mind an update, especially considering Squenix charges the highest game prices on the market.

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah that's true, even big companies like Gameloft and EA have their games appear in the Appstore with little more than a week's warning on twitter. I guess the reason we don't complain is that we get a bunch of games vying for our attention in the meantime.

Even the Wednesday night herd rush formed out of a response to Apple's charts schedule.

18. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    ive also been waiting patiently for this game to arrive on ipad

19. se7zer

se7zer New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Java Devel
    Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
    This seems like disrespect to me...

20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    seconding. Just looked on the Square Enix DLG page, and there's no response to pages and pages of user posts asking about tactics. They literally go straight from a "hey! FFT is on the appstore now!" post into "Here's elevator action on the appstore!" with weeks of delay in between. Any mention of retina or iPad support is conspicuously absent.

They really need a PR person...