New iPhone Game Ideas

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by coryshmory, Apr 17, 2009.

1. coryshmory

coryshmory New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I want to make an amazing 3D Game for the iPhone/Touch
    but I need some cool ideas from all of you.

What kind of game do all of you think would be cool?
    I want to get the public's opinion.
    [​IMG]

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    I think that there should be a block stacking game like the online game super stacker 2

3. coryshmory

coryshmory New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    They already have something like that, It's called Topple. :)

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    A good sports game (football, soccer, basketball, hockey), a good RPG game, a good FPS/3PS, an action game (like HoS), adventure game (like Bounce On).

5. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Something rpg like, that's what the app store needs like a dungeon crawler 3d rpg

6. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    either a good hockey game or good fps/3ps

7. Cowgba

Cowgba Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I agree with the idea of a dungeoncrawl RPG: I want a game like Etrian Oddysey for Nintendo DS. It's similar to the old Wizardry games (the first of which I believe was ported to the app store under the name Sorceror), except with greatly improved graphics. A game like that, possibly with additional dungeons as future downloadable updates (whether paid with the 3.0 firmware or free), would be amazing.

Or a squad-based tactical RTS. Like a top-down Dawn of War 2-esque game, maybe with a squad of 4-5 characters who can be controlled by tapping a character then tapping a place for them to move, attack, etc. You could potentially hold down your finger to bring up an action wheel so you could command them to defend a position, use an object, take cover, fire suppressive fire or toss a grenade at the target location, etc.

8. coryshmory

coryshmory New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I think that's a good way of giving the user lots of functionality without cluttering up the screen - holding down your finger for an action menu would come in handy. I've seen a few RTS games for iPhone where a quarter of their screen is a bunch of tiny buttons always displayed.

9. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Yea but super stacker 2 is different try playing it then get back to me on that

10. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    that reminds me. I WANT TO SEE AN NHL 09 OR AT LEAST A GOOD HOCKEY GAME THAT IS NOT JUST AIR HOCKEY

i also want to see a MARIO CART game. I think with updated graphics that game could do very well for itself

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    He cant make a mario kart game!! Are you seriously kidding me with all these ridiculous posts you are making? Are you too stupid to realize that Nintendo owns everything Mario, and that if he made this game he would be sued?

12. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    yea i know but he can at least purchase the righs or somethin i want to see mario cart no matter who makes it!

13. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #13 Mew2468, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    Purchase the emblem of Nintendo. Are you kidding me.

Are you aware of Mario Kart Wii?

14. VIRAL

VIRAL Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    ...I

You....

.....Ugh.

[​IMG]

15. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    make a game similar to Hexic :)

don't tell microsoft though, and don't copy it directly

i would pay 30$ for that game :eek:

16. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Obviously a dev won't do that but if Apple starts developing games you never know. Hey I can dream right? :)

17. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    #17 tjccooll, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    The App Store needs a 3D free-roaming game. Like an rpg with graphics like the upcoming game Dexter. Or maybe just more console titles (like to have games that comes out for the consoles are also made for iphone for example: Star Wars the Force Unleashed) I don't know maybe like Godfather 2 or prototype or Resident Evil 5 or something. Really show the capabilities of the iPhone and iPod Touch.

18. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    oh man it would be really cool to see a mario cart clone with characters just different enough to not infringe on anybodies toes. you call it guido cart with the guido brothers guido and guisseppe and have princess pomegranate and her brocolli retainer named squiggy and have enemies like bleepo soldjas and their couliflower cohorts the schlepers led by the evil king.....um grablechicks?

or you could make a 3d match three game where you are inside of a sphere that is collapsing in on you and the only way to stop it is to look around using the accelerometer and to find colored blocks from one area and flinging them into matching blocks in another area. cuz i gotta say that my most favorite games on the idevice are the games where you can flick and fling things with your finger

19. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Gosh you make the DUMBEST posts ever that don't even make sense. Really, who would listen to you blabbing about Mario Kart? I mean realistically, how much would Nintendo sell Mario Kart for? That's like their best selling game right now!

If you really want Mario Kart, why don't you try Crash Kart? It's almost the same thing with different characters and scenery. Geez... one of the dumbest posts I've seen in this forum.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    First of all you should know the new standards of 3D on the iPhone: Real Racing, 2XL Supercross, Dexter and iDracula (yes that's actually 3d models you're looking at)

Environmental manipulation puzzles: