[Castle of Shadows] iPhone Game Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cwagame, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    #1 cwagame, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Me like it the game! But the game's flow is not very fluid. There is lag in the character's actions. Very good graphics!
    "The hero! Is born to save the world!"

"All the rebels will be brutal murder"? Seriously! Do your translations properly!!! It's almost childish and annoying how foreign developers seems to run their sentences in native language through Google translate and copy paste the results back into the game (or trailer, in this sense).
    "The Fate was be destruction"??? The first second piece of gibberish that I quoted (the rebels) almost had me thinking that the rebels were the ones doing the murder! (which is admittedly cool :rolleyes:) Are the viewers supposed to know who's fate the trailer's talking about? Combined with the "kill them all!" statement later in the trailer, it seems to me that there will be a truck load of dead bodies piling up under the player's massive blade! :D

Anyway, my first impressions of the trailer is a very mixed reaction. There's the awful translation to begin with, and the cliched and overused plot which is as lifeless as a sheet of white A4 paper. All indicators point to a rather typical and conventional side scrolling brawler.

That being said, the gameplay did make me salivate over the keyboard. Hordes of enemies, somewhat rigid though cool looking animations, flashy spells and by the grace of god FLOATING NUMBERS!!! I seriously cannot stress how much I LOVE those damage and XP numbers popping up across the screen. The action also seems to be very frantic, if not a little chaotic (I certainly don't mind) at times.

My biggest complaint against the core gameplay from the trailer is the simple and repetitive 2 slice normal attack. Can't there be more slices or variations to break up the monotony?

Needless to say, this will be a game to watch on my list :D Hope the IAP won't be too expensive though...

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Another upcoming game by CWA that looks interesting :)

4. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Woah, looks cool. I love anything that's even remotely similiar to Castlevania. Loving Demon Hunter and Dark Incursion, so sign me up for this one aswell. :D

5. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Thanks your advise
    We will try to do better :)

6. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    im ready to try this out im a gameplay nut so translations are not a huge annoyance as long as i get the ghist and understand the lore/story...when u expecting a release and how much for the game? any IAP?

8. elliot353

elliot353 Active Member

Oct 7, 2010
    i think it reminds everyone castlevania. Actually, as a huge fan of that game, i like almost all games in that style. That's why i play Demon Hunter many times.
    i check the game size thr android mkt, and its just less than 5M. So i doubt:
    how long the story-line will be?
    is there any possible to put some extra stuff after finish game?
    will you release some DLC with new missions (even new castle :p), stronger enemies or equipments in the future?

9. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
  10. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
  11. cwagame

cwagame Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    【Avenger】(Castle of Shadows) Released on app store: Jun 01, 2012 should you have any advice,feel free to contact us !
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avenger/id513212063?mt=8