in App Purchasing doesn't work

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Aug 5, 2010.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #1 iSwiss, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    So I wanted to download a songpack in Guitar Hero iPhone, and then the following message appears:

This is a non test-account(hope thats the right translation)
    "Please create an account in the sandbox enviroment".

Where is this sandbox enviroment?

Had the same problem with all in app purchasing programs. Reinstalled Trundle, Surviving Highschool - but still doesn't work.

Bought them legally via iTunes, no **********, though I have a jailbroken phone.

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

IAP is incompatible with jailbroken phones, at least by their default setup. I believe you can disable the features that allow you to run stolen software (even if you don't use it, the jailbreak installs it) to get it to work though.

3. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

#3 sticktron, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    None of this is true.

1. Incompatibility with IAP is due to installing A**S***. The user has to install this. Fix: temporarily remove A**S***, reinstall the problematic app.

2. The app has to have been purchased on your account (ie you cannot use IAP in a cracked app).

3. No part of the jailbreaking process is illegal. Jailbreaking simply gives you root (admin) access to iOS, and Cydia, a tool to find and manage third-party (non-App Store) software.

4. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    No absolutely incorrect...the jailbreak does not install any software related to pirated apps. That is sooooooooo incorrect its not even funny. The only time you have that error that the OP posted is when you have Apps**c installed. Just because you say you bought the games legally does not mean you did, for all we know you could be lying. Uninstall the Apps**c and then re-download the app and try it again. As for the jailbreak installing software comment, I'm at a loss to understand why on earth the iphonedev team would ever allow that to happen, and what on earth makes you think that? I have had a jailbroken iphone and ipod since i bought my first iphone way back when. And never have I recieved that Sandbox account issue. I have read and talked to many people both pirates and anti-pirates alike, and the conclusion is that the Sandbox error is only seen when you try to purchase DLC from an app with Apps**c installed. The team over at Hackulo.us has even stated so. So make sure before spreading blasphemy that you double check the facts. :)

5. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    So i have to do this:

1. Uninstall A**S***
    2. Delete the app
    3. Download the app again over iTunes?

6. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

sorry for the mistake. 100% of the support calls we get with this problem (that aren't other devs accidentally using their sandbox account) are jailbroken phones and the previous threads where I'd seen the issue had mentioned the installation process putting the offending application on by default, so I assumed it was a standard part of the Cydia install.

Either way, if you do random stuff outside of Apple's warranty to your iPhone without *really* knowing what you're doing, it'll break stuff.

7. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Uninstall A**S**, reboot iphone, try IAP again. If this doesnt work, then uninstall A**S**, uninstall app, reboot iphone, reinstall app, buy the game (if it wasnt purchased legally) buy IAP.

To be frank, if you pirate games your an a**hole, and lose the respect of all the TA'ers and developers. It's wrong and illegal, so do not do it....no excuses.

8. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Never used In*******. Though have A**S*** on my device

9. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    you dont need ins**** to use pirated apps...if you have ******* then your a pirate plain and simple. There is no need for it other than to allow pirated apps to be installed on your device.

10. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I'm definately not a pirate:mad: I've just SwapTunes and so ,installed, and have all the cydia apps from my brother too.

11. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    usually if you jb, you have a patched installd file. it hates IAP, so find a way to get the default, or look up SBSettings and switchrd. Disable it, install your app. the patched installd, is for, ahem... ahoy mateys