iPad Gaming with iTouch Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rizzah, Mar 23, 2010.

1. rizzah

rizzah Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I am eagerly awaiting for my pre-order iPad and am wondering about the usability of my $200 worth of iTouch games. I understand that I can transfer them to my iPad, but will they be worth playing from a graphics standpoint? I understand that it can also be relative to the game, any thoughts or has anyone seen iTouch apps on an iPad?

2. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Going by what I remember, you play them at a native res in the middle of the screen with a black boarder, or you can 2x the size, this however doesn't raise the resolution so the game may look a bit blocky when enlarged. Just like playing it on a regular iphone/touch but with a much bigger screen.

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I'd be more worried about the controls for certain games.

If an analog dpad is presented much larger, you're going to have to move your thumbs further to trigger the same effect.

4. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    From those replies, I'm tending to believe the games that might have problems going to the ipad might be the 3d action games, where resolution and controls are just very important. Like you both said, the screen will probably look ugly and the controls will be all over the screen.