An epic point & click adventure game [Unnamed]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by syndessol, Aug 3, 2011.

1. syndessol

syndessol Well-Known Member

#1 syndessol, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    Allow us to introduce "Riddenhurst".
    [​IMG]

You can visit the website at www.Riddenhurst.com

The game is set about 100 years ago in the remote highlands and requries you to uncover the causes of the recent demise of the castle you have inherited.

Your goal is to restore the former glory of the castle. How you go about doing that is where the true test of your character lies.

If you liked Myst and/or Riven...you are sure to find this game right up your alley.

Mystery and puzzles are intertwined with spooky and stylized art in a world that has MUCH to explore. Stay tuned to this thread for more updates on the game's development process or visit our website at http://www.furiousapps.com

Below are a few previews from ACT 1 (of 4) of some of the view plates within the world.

[​IMG]
    A view of the castle's main gate.

[​IMG]
    A view of the outpost building.

[​IMG]
    An interior of the outpost control room.

[​IMG]
    A view of a strange structure on the hillside.

[​IMG]
    An interior of the outpost storage room.

[​IMG]
    A view up at the storage room loft.

We'll be sure to keep updating this thread with more final plates from the other 3 acts as we get them polished up and ready for the game. Any and all feedback is welcome. We hope you are as excited about this upcoming game as we are to get it wrapped up and out to you to explore.

Thanks for looking,
    "Syndessol" at Furious Apps.
    game creator/artist/lead programmer

Check out our other apps at
    http://www.furiousApps.com

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes I'm as excited as you are. Keep us updated

3. JML

JML Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Home Sweet Home
    I love point and click adventure games and I really love castles. The previews look great. You can put me on the list of those who are excited.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That looks. Epic.

5. syndessol

Thank you all for checking it out. We will plan to post some more view plates in the near future.

6. syndessol

Here is a new preview of the castle courtyard. Stay tuned to this thread for more sneak peeks of the game.

[​IMG]

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

May i ask what Engine you Guys are using because the picture really make it almost a AAA Game even we don`t know pretty much about it yet.

8. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    awesome

9. OliS

OliS Member

Jul 9, 2011
    UK
    I love the art style.

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The screenshots look really good. Loved Myst but found Riven a bit hard. Hope this game has the same sort of atmosphere. Any idea of timescales for release yet or is it only in the early stages?

11. syndessol

Thank you all for stopping by and checking us out.

@Sanuku
    We aren't using any game engine specifically. We are building the viewer from scratch using Corona SDK.

We are building a hybrid QTVR/still frame viewer. These plates are about 160* views that you are able to pan around (look around) within your display screen giving the illusion of QTVR without the complexity/overhead of it.

@Olis & PnExt
    Glad you like the style. We were trying to achieve something between a comic book and virtual reality. To create photo real images would be way too large of a scope for this game but we wanted something that was just as good as photo-real. So we went with a stylized look somewhere between a painting and a comic book inking.

@Pepper2427
    I too like the Myst series and I agree...Riven was hard...but it was absolutely gorgeous. Myst took a small team 3 years to build...we are shooting for less than 6 months with 2 people. Its a time consuming process (as its taking longer than we anticipated) but we are more than half way. My hope is we have it ready this fall...maybe by Halloween. In the end...I think the extra time will pay off for you as the game play will be much longer as a result.

I'll get some more views up soon once they are ready. Check back in regularly to see progress.

And thanks again for the comments.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Update. Looking forward for the first Build you can show us. I would be glad if i could create a HD Gameplay Trailer about it as soon as you Guys are ready for a Testrun.

13. syndessol

#13 syndessol, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
    @Sanuku,

Contact us through our website support link at www.furiousApps.com and we can set you up with a pre-release beta version when its ready. Let us know your contact address and your UDID and what devices you have to test on.

If the resulting trailer rocks...we'll use it in our PR and give you an in-game credit. :)

Anyone else that might be interested in beta testing, let us know via our support link.

14. syndessol

Here is another view of the castle courtyard from the castle ramparts looking back at the stable quarters and the water tower.

[​IMG]

15. syndessol

Another wide view plate of the interior courtyard area featuring the water tower and the stable quarters. The work scaffold is visible to the right.

[​IMG]

16. syndessol

Here are a couple more fresh view plates hot off the presses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. syndessol

#17 syndessol, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    Here is another new view of the east end of outpost building.

[​IMG]

And a view of the back of the outpost building.

[​IMG]

18. syndessol

Here are a couple view plates of the blacksmith shop area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    how long we need to wait for this?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Color me impressed with the graphics, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see some gameplay. Bring it on! :D