TouchArcade Members Official Game of the Month: June

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fruho, Jun 27, 2010.

?

Game of the Month: June

1. Banzai Rabbit

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Battle Bears -1

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Carcassonne

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. eBoy FixPix

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Hector

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. Pix'n Love Rush

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Prince of Persia

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Sigma

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. Super QuickHook

44 vote(s)
    39.6%
  10. Other

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    #1 Fruho, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    It's that time of month again! June has featured many exemplary new releases- but more than that, it has been a month full of sales, deals, and discounts. EA and Gameloft dropped the pricings on their best games to celebrate the new iPhone 4, and widely heralded games like Tilt to Live, New York Zombies, iBlast Moki, and Puzzle Quest went free.
    However, there were a couple worthy additions to the App Store. Gameloft's Prince of Persia redefined what can be expected of the iDevice in terms of graphics, length, controls, and gameplay. It is the best platformer on the iDevice to date, and would rank among the best action games as well. PES 2010 set a new bar for soccer games on the App Store, with brilliant player animations and fluid controls. Robot Unicorn Attack brought one of the most played flash games in history to the iDevice, and Eliminate Gun Range Pro showed what the new iPhone 4 is capable of. Super Quick Hook swung its way onto the App Store as a sequel to one of the most loved iDevice games yet. Hector: Badge of Carnage gave us a great point-and-click adventure with a ton of humor. Shi No Numa proved a fantastic addition to CoD Zombies, becoming the biggest and best map yet. Carasscone showed just how successfully board games can be translated onto the App Store. Guitar Hero became one of the best music games on the iDevice. Pro Zombie Soccer added to the growing collection of zombie games on the App Store, but this time you had only a soccer ball to knock off their heads. Other worthy contenders for Game of the Month include Sigma, Highborn, Princess Fury, The Package, Soccer Superstars, Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, Godfinger,Puppet War FPS, Geometry Wars, Pix'n Love Rush, Battle Blasters 1,Bar Oasis, and NCAA Football.
    With that in mind, please post your favorite game of June below. I will tally up the votes regularly. Voting closes on June 30 at 12:00 AM, so get to it!

THE VOTING (as of Post #11)
    Sigma-1
    Super Quick Hook-4
    Prince of Persia-1
    Pix'n Love Rush-1

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK

SIGMA!!!!!!!!!!!! Best match 3 ever!!!!

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Geometry Wars has been out a since the ipad came out so it can't really be the best game of June.

I am torn for my vote as both SQH and BB -1 deserve it. I'm gonna have to say SQH though since I've spent more time with it.

4. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Tossing in my vote for Prince of Persia

5. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    My VOTE SQH!

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    SQH it owns,just owns

7. You forgot Phoenix Wright.

8. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    I vote Pix'n Love Rush...

9. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Came out May 24

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    June isnt over yet.

11. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    I'd be shocked if anything could beat SQH, it gets my vote, but pix'n love rush is still awesome.

SQH +1

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    PoP: WW
    SQH
    Exo-planet

Hector

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what about battle bears -1?

14. On the list.

Voted SQH.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #15 dumaz1000, Jun 27, 2010
    I can't even vote for any of these. This month sucked.

Carnivores, I suppose. If that counts as a release for this month, then I would go with that.

EXO-planet shows a lot of promise, but is in need of more content, maps if nothing else.

Battle Bears shows some promise, but feels like a lot of indie games. It's an incomplete game (one level paid, one level DLC, I believe). Finish half the game, sell it for cheap, use the profits to fund further completion of the game. This is not a terribly strategy, in theory, so long as you don't charge early adapters too much, but if the half-finished game doesn't generate enough sells, then the game itself is abandoned, and a bunch of updates promised to these early adapters never occur.

Honestly, that 5v5 online FPS, the one not yet relased globally, might be the best game this month, but I haven't played it yet. Most people haven't played it yet.

16. wow... what's your standard?

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Carnivores does count, since it came out on June 11. Definitely should be on the list. But really -- that's the only game that didn't suck for you?

Voted Hector, since pretty much exemplifies everything that is right with this platform.

18. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    SQH all the way!!

19. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #19 dumaz1000, Jun 27, 2010
    Not a huge fan of standard, run-of-the-mill sort of Indie games. It has to be a significant Indie production to gain by attention. Doodle this or Zombie that or Castle defensive this, or line drawing that, or retro-graphics this, or match 3 that. That type of stuff, not my cup of tea. Prince of Persia is high quality, obviously. It's hard to get really excited about a six-year-old game though.

A game like Super Quickhook, not going to get my attention. I owned games back when 4-bit, 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit was considered high-tech. My first system was an Atari 2600, back when they sold 2600 games in stores for $60 a piece, but I am not a fan of retro/nostalgia. Not even a little bit.

20. Hector is none of those.
    -edited out SQH after your edit-
    Carc is a nice game and fixpix is a great "work of art" lol