Board Game Computer Opponent Help/Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Pamx, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    We've just been asked to develop a board game & we're looking for someone who has experience of and enthusiasm for programming computer opponents. Can't give away much at the moment - it's a version of a successful board game from the past but, as far as we know, no-one has written a computer opponent for it. Glenn has ideas for algorithms (based on playing the game) but hasn't taken it any further at this point due to other commitments. We'd welcome any ideas and if you're interested in actually joining the team, please PM me or Glennx.

Thanks

:)

2. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#2 Syndicated Puzzles, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    If this is a paid gig, the best guy around for this type of stuff is Andrew Stuart at Scanraid. He programmed Caveman Test for me in a few days. His e mail is andrew @scanraid.com
    He is sometimes from the UK (when not on the beach in Mexico) so that should make it easy for you to work with him.

www.scanraid.com

3. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Thanks for the tip! Looking at his web page it certainly looks as though he may have the kind of skills we're after.

4. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

A.I / Neural networks ... if you want something really cool ;)

5. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Thanks - we're looking into all the possibilities. :)

6. exosyphen

If you need *serious and very good* code, feel free to contact me.
    I am working on some advanced artificial intelligence code for one of our upcoming PC game.

7. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Thanks Exosyphen! We're still discussing legalities but will certainly be speaking to you once that's all sorted.

8. exosyphen

Ok :) I will look forward to it.