Front page blog comments broken in Firefox?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by mister-k81, Feb 4, 2011.

1. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada
    Maybe this is already know, but I thought I should point this out if it wasn't. But the Disqus powered user comments on the front page are not viewable under Firefox.. they will show up for a brief second and then disappear :confused: .

I also tried viewing them on the latest builds of Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and they seem to work fine there, but under Firefox 3.6.13, they are broken.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Anyone else having this issue? I can't replicate it. Have you tried clearing your browser cache, disabling plugins, and all that other junk?

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yeah I can't get anyone else with Firefox that can replicate this either. Are you sure you didn't have a plugin or something that auto-updated and now is blocking all the javascript wizardry that Disqus does?

Edit: Although everyone who has tried it that I've asked has been on a Mac and you did mention Internet Explorer... Wonder if it's some weird Windows thing, that would be crazy.

4. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada

Ah, I did clear my browser cache before I made this thread, and it did nothing. But I tried cleaning my cache for a second time and then restarting my browser again, and that seemed to have fixed it now. :confused:

I guess it was an issue on my end. Sorry about that.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    They're not working for me either, Firefox 4 beta on Mac.

Edit: Actually they're working now. They weren't working at all yesterday. I figured it was just Disqus having problems.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yeah that's the one down side of using third party comments... We're kind of tied to their uptime and availability. Disqus email alerts sometime fart out for an entire day, and all the sudden I'll get like 100 emails for all the comments that they didn't send.

7. Googlyhead

Googlyhead Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    May as well ask here; is it just me, or do replies to comments not show up any more?
    On my iPad, I can see the first layer of comments, but there's no option to expand to see replies!