Interested in making a cameo?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by egarayblas, Jan 12, 2012.

1. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

Hi Guys!

It's been a while since I last posted here (having a new baby, building a family and working on a game can be a tough balancing act!) and I'm glad to see that the community has grown!

Anyway, I've been working on my game for about 4 months now and I'm getting closer to releasing it. It's called "Streetfood Tycoon" (I love simulation games!) and it involves customers buying well, streetfood from you, the player as you make your way to the top and become a Tycoon. I gave the game a cartoonish look which resulted in pretty cool caricatures for various people I know (friends, colleagues, etc.) and included in the game as "customers". If you have a pretty neat game character from your app and would like to give it a cameo role in "Streetfood Tycoon", please feel free to post here, ping me on Twitter (@kuyimobile) or drop me a note. I was hoping I can get the popular ones like the Doodler, or Barry Steakfries, or Ooga from Pocket God, or even the guy from Zombieville but I doubt they'll agree. All indie devs are welcome!

I'd be willing to draw a caricature version of your game character so that it fits my art theme (with your permission and approval of course) or you can provide me one (given that it fits my art theme)--either way is fine.

I'm also looking for more beta testers who are willing to try my game, provide feedback and help me improve it further. If you're interested, please feel free to contact me here or via Twitter (@kuyimobile). I know I only have one shot at this so I want to make it right when I launch.

For more info about my game, below is a blog post I wrote 2 months ago.

http://bit.ly/uZ3tFR

The game has improved a lot since then and below are some of the latest screenshots. The cute girl "customer" below is a caricature of my li'l one--now a toddler! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a photo of the game running on an iPad. Yup, it will be universal when it comes out.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance! :)

2. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    That's a really nice idea m8, I'd love to work with you unfortunately all the characters from my upcoming game (Juice Jumpers) are a bit less realistic than your theme. Although maybe one could appear as a keyring or in place of that teddy bear you have!

If you'd like some of our character designs on the site (link in my sig) Feel free to ping me on twitter @littlebeestudio

3. Black Ops

Black Ops Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    I like the authenticity of having under-aged, cheap labor manning the street food stands...

4. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I think they're the customers...you play the staff. :rolleyes:

5. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

@Black_Ops: Yes, the kid that you see in the screenshot is a "customer" and you (as the player) man your foodcart in some sort of 1st person view. :)

@mr_wexer: Will be dropping you a note soon. Thanks! :)

6. Kellyies

Kellyies New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    A small hang is fine beauty, I often their DIY design, I like manual product.

7. Markus Hanka

Markus Hanka Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Freelance 2D Artist
    Beijing
    Are you feeling alright, Kelliyes? Did you just have a stroke or are you using google translator?

8. Markus Hanka

Markus Hanka Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Freelance 2D Artist
    Beijing
    oh, sorry! Now I get it.