SCAM - Getting Out OF BUSINESS, Selling All Rights ( 200 Apps )

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by TheBunny, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    This actually happened to a friend of mine, he was a little suss about the transaction and used paypal because he thought he was protected, turns out he wasn't due to virtual goods, credit card company also wouldnt do anything, he was going to take it to court until he realized the lawyer fees were going to be like triple the amount he was scammed (also around a thousand)
    So he just ended up cutting his losses short and parting without the $1000 and using that as a lesson learnt, never give out money to a suss looking transaction! Even if you think your covered JUST.DON'T! now this grubby little sh*t has your money,and you're $1000 down..not a very good scenario.. Coudnt you tell by the emails he sent? He sounded like a kid so I wasn't surprised when someone said he actually was a kid! Jesus.

2. Mateen

Mateen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Warning: Hacker imposter please do not reply this is a scam

Hi.

I just want to inform everyone regarding the recent activity on my account was not me INFORMATION REGARDING MATEENAPPSTORE. I was hacked! There was imposter posing as me . PLEASE NOTE TO EVERYONE NOT TO RESPOND TO ANYTHING FRAUDULENT SAID BY THE HACKER. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY OR ANYTHING REQUESTED.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE MODERATOR OF THIS SITE TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER INTO THIS MATTER.

Please beware!

A warning for everyone using the forums.

3. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    I remember seeing something similar on these forums a few weeks ago, where someone was releasing all rights for like, $200. Even so, I wouldn't have any rights at all.

4. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun

okay first off why didnt you do anything about this before, and second off people have said you have been scaming people on game salad for ages, and it seems unrealistic that they hacked both your ta account and your itunes account, i may be wrong in all of this though

5. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    So are you or are you not on here every month (or so) selling rights to your games? How long/how many times have you been hacked?:rolleyes:

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Well just a quick search reveals his selling of rights to a number of apps as well as his "offers" for various services. :p

Attached Files:

7. TheBunny

TheBunny Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    MMO Mac Lead ZeniMax Online
    Baltimore
    Lovely... he's back.

Lying again I see

BTW everyone I did get all my money back from paypal.

In regards to CC you should always be able to CANCEL payment on a
    pending transaction. At least by US law.

anyhow I have been contacted by a number or other people that were being scammed in 1 way or another.

Some people were able to actually buy app templates from Mateen.

In some cases those have been other peoples sample code
    with new art thrown on top. Not illegal but rather sleazy.

8. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Anyone know a place that buys gold?

9. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Amazing. I'd like to see this story made into a movie.

Possibly even a musical.

Maybe have it as as a parallel sub plot to a blockbuster hit about the infamous Edge trademark dispute.

If that came out it'd be more like Future Films Are Now Here!

10. TheBunny

Nov 8, 2008
    Baltimore
    Oh I like that! :D

11. arcadeplay

arcadeplay New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Movie? Musical? Screw that! I want an gameapp!!!!

12. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Great idea! You could play as Mateen, trying to fleece as many people as possible. The game could have Twitter/Facebook integration telling all of your friends that your house burned down and requesting donations. ;)

13. TheBunny

Nov 8, 2008
    Baltimore
  14. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    what he was gone from the store? didn't know.. would have missed him.. but good that he is back.. ;)

15. TheBunny

Nov 8, 2008
    Baltimore
    HES MULTIPLYING!!!!!!

run for the hills!

16. EatingMyHat

EatingMyHat Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    I think I just got a Facebook message from this guy offering to sell me rights to a list of apps. Not 100% sure that it is him, but some of the apps seems to be identical to the ones on other threads.

17. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I think there are a couple of decent sites around now for selling/buying source code specifically for apps. IMO, if you want to buy source code, do it through some reputable third party. It's way too easy to get fleeced dealing with someone who just happened to PM you out of the blue...

18. EatingMyHat

EatingMyHat Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Thanks @RevolvingDoor,

Was not looking into buying anything and for sure not from someone that hit me with a random message/PM. I got an out of the blue Facebook message with this offer. So out of curiosity I did a couple of quick searches and got to this thread.

He (or someone) probably picked up my Facebook page from my forum signature, so figured I should bump this one just in case other people get similar offers.

Cheers!

19. NikosX

NikosX Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Game Designer
    interesting situation, i wonder where did he find all these "source codes", maybe ready made tutorial files etc?