Block Fortress or Penumbear?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Two totally different games, same price. I can only get one. I'll be playing on an iPhone 4 but plan on getting an iPad Mini in June.

So Penumbear looks really fun and I enjoy challenging games. And it looks like a truly unique idea (rare on the App Store) and a great platformer with a lot of levels

But I love TD games and Minecraft and Block Fortress seems like it has tons of depth and replayability. Only concerns there are the FPS controls, playing on a small screen, and potential performance issues

So which is the better choice?

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I don't have Penumbear, but I have Block Fortress, and I gotta say, it's awesome. Pretty damn complex and deep, too. Foursaken Media, the devs, have excellent customer service and they're very active here in the TA forums.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

What device do you play it on and how's the performance? The Foursaken rep said it's a steady 30 fps on a 4 device, but of course a dev would say that. Now I have two other conflicting answers from other forum members: one says it's laggy and one says its not

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm on a 5th gen iPod touch, and it's been running fine for me.

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    When I played N.Y zombies two on my 4th gen iPod touch, there was at first some lag, but an update made it amazingly smooth. (Reduced ram usage) I didn't have an fps counter, but it was running at least 30 fps 99% of the time. Block fortress has less of a graphics requirement, so it most likely runs even smoother. The rest is preference.. Hope I could help! (The fps controls are not the best, but still quite playable) Both are loads of fun.

6. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Why not get both! Buy Penumbear, then use FreeAppSlots to get Block Fortress for free. That's how I got Block Fortress, as I too was kinda skeptical about it. And if you haven't heard of FreeAppSlots before, it's like FreeMyApps before that pretty much turned into FreeMyGiftcards :p The point is it'll only take a couple of minutes to get it for free. Oh and if you use my link http://freeappslots.com/?refcode=55hzyakt we both get extra spins. Unfortunately Penumbear isn't on the prize wall yet. (Hope this didn't sound too spammy, I just know how you feel and FreeMyApps has gotten me a ton of apps that I was skeptical about purchasing, for free)

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Penumbear. But I'm a platform addict...

8. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    If you like challenging games then you should love block fortress, probably the most challenging game I've ever played