Just got approved for launch -- opinions on best day/time for launch?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IronNinjaGames, Aug 5, 2015.

1. IronNinjaGames

Jun 17, 2014
    Hi guys --

It took much longer to complete than I first planned due to adding tons and tons of levels and features, but the game is finally ready and I'm now sitting on the trigger. ( video/screen shots here: https://www.facebook.com/BeaverSmashGame )

I've heard through several sources that one of the best days to launch is Thursday and preferably in the afternoon. But I figured I'd see if you guys had any more thoughts to add. Any suggestions?

2. beardysoftware

beardysoftware Active Member

Jun 18, 2015
    I'd love to hear some thoughts on this too ... my app is in review now, so I'm trying to figure out the best day of the week to release it. I think most games get released on tuesday, is that right? So is it better to get released on tuesday, or is there a bigger chance it gets lost in the shuffle that way?

3. I was always told launch on a Thursday at the very beginning of the day. Touch Arcade write their 'Coming Tonight' usually based around this. TA users with NZ accounts usually search the store based around these times.

4. SpiritBomb Studios

SpiritBomb Studios Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Game Developer
    Saigon, Vietnam
    This is very interesting and useful to know. I have heard some suggestions to launch on Wednesday to have more chance getting featured by Apple.

5. Have you contacted the feature email address? Usually they pick their features weeks in advanced

6. SpiritBomb Studios

SpiritBomb Studios Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Game Developer
    Saigon, Vietnam