Siege of the Necromancer - Second adventure gamebook coming in March

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheTinMan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Today on the Tin Man Games blog, we announced our latest project which has been in the works now for a good few months. Siege of the Necromancer is the first of a series of iPhone and iPod Touch based adventure gamebooks. You may remember similar books that were around in the 80s and 90s like the Fighting Fantasy series or the Choose Your Own Adventure books.

We've had a secret team of top notch fantasy gamebook writers beavering away to create original and compelling stories. The gamebooks will play like reading a book, with added touchscreen functionality, and also the ability to shake the device to roll the dice!

If you want to see any of our early artwork for SOTN, then head over to our blog. We're hoping to have the first three books released by November, with three more shortly after that.

Watch this space for more details!

The Tin Man

2. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    cool, hopefully you can find a way to continue a character from a book in a sequal book and things like that.

3. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    awesome i used to love those books had a ton of them
    thats a great idea love the cover and the artwork
    will definately keep an eye out for this
    also would love to carry over characters thats an interesting idea

4. TheTinMan

It is a good idea but sadly not practical from a difficulty management point of view - it would be hard to balance the encounter stats for example if you had a levelled up character. It could be something we could look into adding at a later date though with a series of books that work concurrently with each other.

The Tin Man

5. DUS

DUS Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Good luck, guys! Seriously!

It´s a nice idea but I wonder if their is a market for this sort of app. But I guess it´s well worth trying.

DUS

6. TheTinMan

Two new books to be announced next week!

We will be officially announcing our first three Guild of Gamebooks fantasy adventure book releases next week. Our team of new fantasy authors and artists have been hard at work these last few months and the first three titles will be released at the beginning of November! Watch this space for more information!

Thanks,

The Tin Man

7. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    wonderful news cant wait to check this out

8. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    great stuff. really enjoyed the lonewolf and grail quest books from the late 80s.

tinman makes some professional looking games to. hope this venture goes well!

9. TheTinMan

#9 TheTinMan, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah the Lonewolf and Grail Quest books are definately the kind of vibe we're going for, although obviously our stuff is brand new and set in a new world. The writers are big gamebook fans so there has been a lot of attention to detail and love given to these interactive tales. We're currently editing the first two books, with another four to come.

There's another couple of threads currently with our two promo ads.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=25541
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=25642

Keep an eye out on this forum or our blog for more released info and screenshots over the coming weeks!

10. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    wondering if theres any more info on this?
    im really excited to see these come out
    thanks

11. TheTinMan

Hi aricall.

Thanks for your interest in the gamebooks!

We are currently working hard on the first two books, The Siege of the Necromancer and An Assassin in Orlandes and hoping to get them ready for submission over the next few weeks. The sheer amount of testing for these kinds of apps alone means we've had to push out our expectations on release date. Still, it means that once complete they will be all the more better for that extra time!

I'll no doubt post on TA closer to submission, and may even give a sneak preview of one of the books....!

Thanks!

The Tin Man

12. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Awesome stuff, can't wait to check this out.

13. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    sounds awesome cant wait
    if you need anyone to beta test....er read let me know hahah
    thanks for the update

14. TheTinMan

New logos revealed...

[​IMG]

Today we thought we would reveal our new look logos for The Siege of the Necromancer and An Assassin in Orlandes! Set within the fantasy setting of Orlandes, both interactive gamebooks will take the reader on very different adventures. An evil necromancer has a town under siege and you must venture into heart of his operations, evading cunning traps and illusions and fighting a hoarde of gruesome creatures, while in the capital Orlandes City, a wily assassin has you on his trail as nobles are being systematically murdered. Finding yourself thrust in the middle of a large conspiracy, you must make decisions that may put yourself and one other most precious to you in great danger.

Both books incorporate a new way to read and interact on an iPhone and iPod Touch, and include a 3D dice rolling battle system in which the iDevice becomes a handy dice-shaker! Look out during December as both titles will be blazing on to the App Store.

15. TheTinMan

Thanks for the offer! We already have a small team of testers although we may be looking for one or two others so will keep you in mind. :)

16. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    logos look good and books sound great....
    any priceing info available yet?
    will be getting these for sure cant wait.
    yep and keep me in mind :D

17. TheTinMan

Thanks for your support. No pricing decisions yet sadly, but we'll let you know in a few weeks!

Have to say I'm currently editing An Assassin in Orlandes and I'm so pleased with how the narrative is working and we're putting in a lot of effort to bring back that nostalgic gamebook feel.

18. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I can't wait for these two. i was hoping they would be available for my vacations (tomorrow morning) but it seems they will be too late...

Anyway, thank you for trying to make the gamebooks perfect!

19. TheTinMan

Awww...now I feel guilty! We are trying our best to make them as perfect as we can for this initial release. Thanks for the message of support (it means a lot) and hope you enjoy them. :)

20. sconethief

sconethief Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Looking forward to this, Loved the homebrew gamebooks for the DS(lone wolf series) hoping these are just as good! will be an instant buy!