Coming Soon: Power Pegs (FREE)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jeremy1026, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    #1 Jeremy1026, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Hello MacRumors. I am announcing a new game which should be making its way into the iTunes App Store any day now. The game is called Power Pegs. It is a cross between Peggle and Plinko (from The Price is Right.)

The game is played using tilt and touch. When you first launch power pegs you will be greeted with a menu where you can start a game, see the global high scores, see your personal stats and achievements, and get help and information about the game.

[​IMG]

If you choose to play a game you will then be taken to the main game screen. You control the position of the ball by tilting the device left and right. Once you have the ball where you want it tap anywhere on the screen to drop it. Once the ball begins its fall tilting the device has no effect on the motion of the ball. As the ball falls it hits the pegs, each blue peg that is hit earns 20 points. When the ball reaches the bottom it falls into one of 9 scoring areas. Whatever scoring area the ball lands in is how many points are added to your score.

[​IMG]

As you can see in the above screenshot, there are multiple colored pegs on the board. The different colored pegs have different special abilities. These special colored pegs are called Power Pegs. Their powers range from getting extra balls, to losing the current ball. Adding points to taking away points. Also the Power Pegs can double the current balls score or half it. Power Pegs appear at random and are not guaranteed to be there every drop.

Power Pegs will save your game after each drop, so if you answer a phone call in the middle of a game, you won't lose your score.

Once the game is over you will be prompted to submit your score to the global high score board, this is not required.

[​IMG]

After taking a gander at the high scores you may want to see what you have done thus far in Power Pegs. No worries, we keep track of all that for you. Just tap the Stats/Achievements button on the menu. We keep track of all sorts of game play information, from total drops, to how many times you hit a specific power peg. You can also unlock different achievements as you play the game. These can be found in the same screen as the stats.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Power Pegs should be out in the next week, it will be available world wide for the low low price of FREE!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I got to beta test this game, and will vouch that it's a decent time waster.

If you've seen Plinko on The Price Is Right, you know how this game plays. ;)

My only suggestions are that there needs to be a more obvious explanation on what the colored pegs do, and I wish there was a tad more sound in the way of the ball bouncing off the pegs...

3. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    The help screen in the game does explain what color does what now (the help was not in the beta version.) The sound was also slightly tweaked, with more coming in a future update.

4. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    In reply to a couple PMs I got: The game was Submitted on August 19th.

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cool! Peggle Lite...

6. babegallery

babegallery Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I played a beta version of the game a little while ago and found it very fun and addicting.

I'm looking forward to the final version!

7. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    ^^ addictive

8. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    After 4 weeks in review, Power Pegs is live in the app store.

It can be downloaded by visiting the iTunes Store. If you are getting the message that it isn't available check back in an hour or two, as your iTunes hasn't updated yet.