Gamers, are you going to buy the iPad ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by c0re, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Gamers, are you going to buy the iPad ?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Maybe.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Hello folks,

Sorry for a 3538th thread about iPad, but I didn't see one with a poll like this.

So here we are, iPad will launch in 60 days, it seems to have great horsepower for advanced games, and a larger screen, which could be exploited in order to boost graphical details of current games.

I'm personally not too excited about this device as a user, but as a dev, I kinda feel the duty of supporting the graphical enhancement.

This is it : according to you, does the iPad worthes the buy for gamers ?
    (If yes, then I'll produce a 1024x768 native version of Kinetic Damage.)

Thanks for your input ;)

2. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Nope, i won´t buy it. At least not in the near future, i just fail to see the use of this thing.

3. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    #3 naythan, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    i loove the ipad, <3 a super iphone! i really hope they somehow put the 3g stuff into the next itouch, although i rkn it would totally kill iphone sales...

ooo and i haaate accelerometer driving on the iphone but i looks like it could be decent on this.. and the accessories! keyboard dock! case/stand! the case would be heapss good for typing on ur lap, when i heard about it i was heaps doubting typing like a laptop but the case goes a long way to solving that problem...

4. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    The use of it as a portable gaming device is actually pretty exciting, at least for the potential the device has.

Imagine using the large screen from a bigger and better version of Flight Control or Harbor Master.

Or for RTS fans, a large map and non-cluttered interface would be a blessing above the currently small screen of the iDevice.

I think developers are going to have just as much fun with this thing as the players.

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    There is already a poll about this.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=42920

Since this is an iPhone gaming forum, I think it's safe to assume that those who already answered the other poll are gamers. This poll is just redundant-- the other poll has many applicable comments you might want to read.

6. Santoron

Santoron Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I know already that the iPad will find a place in my home... eventually. I highly doubt I'll get a 3G enabled iPad since I envision it as staying in my home full time. My iPhone fits the "on the go" gaming, media, and internet demands more perfectly than anything larger could.

What remains to be decided is if I jump on this iteration, or wait for the inevitable hardware upgrades to follow in the next year. I waited 2 years for the iPhone to address some of the hardware and software shortcomings I really wanted before taking the plunge. An integrated videocamera (or two) would have gone a long way towards forcing me to buy sooner rather than later.

I'll likely teeter-totter til a few weeks after launch and then either make it my Birthday present or hold-out.

7. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oh damn, I'm bad at checking topics, really sorry :/