iPhone Introducing Createrria - craft your games!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jakob_incuvo, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Jakob_incuvo

Jakob_incuvo Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    #1 Jakob_incuvo, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Hi all,

My name is Jakob, I am Incuvo co-founder. I am happy to finally show you our project, Createrria, which "turns making games into a game itself":)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZcEx2KaGAw

Createrria allows you to create your own 2D mobile games, share with friends and play stuff created by others. Our goal is a game creation app that requires no technical skills and gives users all the fun of game creation. There are already several different gameplay mechanics, four unique graphic themes and a lot more! Still - we do have a huge roadmap prepared for future release and want to work with you (users) to choose the best features to add first (and worst bugs to smash...)

Everything you create can immediately be shared – using in-game community or Facebook. You can also record and share replays of both gameplay and creation on Everyplay and Youtube, including your commentary:)

https://everyplay.com/videos/418180

Createrria was selected to Game Connection 2012 Best Project finals, we have also shown it at Indie Prize Showcase in San Francisco last week.

[​IMG]

We have just released preview iPad version in Canada, Australia will follow very soon. We are planning worldwide release (including iPhone version) later this summer.

[​IMG]

I invite you to try it and give us your feedback!

Cheers,

Jakob

P.S. Createrria is free to play (and create), with additional content as in-app purchases!

2. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    #2 Jakob_incuvo, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Createrria now in Australia

Hi,

Just a quick update - we are now live in Australia too!

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Jakob

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Your video looks very cool. I'm excited to see this released in U.S. It's great to see iOS devices expand from content consumption devices to content creations devices. :)

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the IAP payment model but I understand this is your livelihood as a developer.

4. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    The games pay model is too freemuimish can you make it easier to get coins and lower the prices because it's a pain to not be able to make your own game

5. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    We are working on economy, but you should be able to create any number of games without paying anything :D

Here are some tips for easy money:
    - get initial coin gift
    - create user account
    - get daily rewards
    - spread the word on social networks
    - play existing games (and creation challenges)
    - create cool games - more people play and like them, more coins you get :)

Have fun!

6. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    Thanks! If you like it please share, we need to spread the word about Createrria :)

As for IAP - yes, we need to pay our bills, but still we try to give our users plenty of ways to earn Createrria currency. For example - more fans your games have (plays, likes), more free coins you get.

7. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Sounds like what a freemium developer would say I don't exactly trust you but why don't you make some kind of paid game after you do this one oh and lower some of the prices on the stuff ok and how are you supposed to get the pixel theme?

8. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    The truth is that now most of mobile users are not willing to accept paid games. We want our f2p model to be fun for all users.

BTW - I have played your games - good job!

9. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    This game is really awesome. Congrats. Would like to see side view racing in this game. Would be cool to create our own race and have a cart to make as well.

Will multiplayer be in future updates? Time limits to get done with the maps the fastest?

10. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    Glad you like it!
    I don't want to promise anything so early, but at least some of these things will happen in future versions!;)

11. Stika

Stika Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Portugal
    I wonder if it's possible to create a side-scroller RPG similar to Zelda II

12. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    My hero!

13. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    We are not there yet, but it is on my personal wishlist :)
    For sure you could make some kind of Zelda tribute for sure!
    I already see many new Createrria community games that make me wonder how they did it...

14. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Oh and can you fix the physics engine a little because sometimes when I make a structure for a slingshot level it bounces off and destroys it.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    When will this be out in the uk.

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well until it hits the uk I just had a go on this from the Canadian store and the only thing I spotted right away was that there needs to be a confirm button when spending your coins as I bought an extra character skin by accidentally pressing them (which spent all my coins :mad:)

17. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    I like Canada we always get the good apps first

18. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    I am really sorry about that! I think this already fixed in the updated to be released in two weeks we are also working on physics improvements, but this may take a bit longer).
    We plan to release it in UK early September.
    As a temporary fix - you should get some free coins by sharing stuff, playing levels and from daily rewards.

19. Jakob_incuvo

Jun 27, 2013
    We are working on it :)

20. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Multiplayer would be kinda nice but the game would have to be top down removing the platforming part and maybe more space for making your game please and the presets are not really good for adding a finish and start they are more for exploring