survey~~~where do you find the games you like?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TapMad_D, Dec 21, 2010.

1. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    hey there,

i was curious about how you guys pick games. i only browse the top 200 chart. if all the players did so, then the chart wouldn't have any change. so i am wondering in what way you guys pick games.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's not by visiting toucharcade daily, I swear.

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Toucharcade honestly. If theres a game worth playing it'll at least get a mention here. Active forums and dev participation are a big plus.

I glance at the top charts once in a while, but only to see how a certain game or games are doing

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

I second this dudes opinion. I swear it. MY 5000+ POSTS MEAN NOTHInG!

5. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    man~~you are really quick...
    TA is a great source, but the editor's choice sometimes does not go my way, lol

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I mostly just hang around on TouchArcade, checking the Upcoming Games section as well as the front page. Anything worth playing usually shows up somewhere in there. Otherwise a ton of people talk about it on the forums, I get intrigued, check out the game, it seems interesting, and I give it a go.

There's been some instances where I've gotten a game to review and it turned out to be better than I originally expected, so I guess that counts too.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much what somerandomdude said. Check the TA forums every once in a while, and ur bound to come across a good game here and then.

And yeah. I got to review eternal legacy due to a mistake on my part, but it's turned out to be plenty of fun!

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I only spend 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds a day on TouchArcade.:D

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Uh huh....it's Touch Arcade for me too because it pretty much fills all my gaming needs.

10. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    so detailed~~ thx~~
    i do like the air in the TA Forum~~people talk about the games and give frank suggestions.
    itunes app store is full of fake reviews...i start finding them hard to be taken as a reference.

11. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I've abandoned consoles (what productive person has time to be sitting at home these days lol) in favor of my iPad. Which come to think of it, I mostly play at home. At night, when I should be sleeping.

12. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    guys, you are so addictived to TA~~~almost crazy about it~~

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1 to everything. Except I have an iPod.

14. Jane55

Jane55 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
  15. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    Well

Here, honestly where else would you go? The devs post here for crying out loud.

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, using the iTunes reviews is a terrible idea. Everyone who posts on there is either a complete idiot, asks for unreasonable changes for a 5 star rating, gives 1 star ratings for a crash when they never reset their iDevice, shill reviewers, etc. You'll find a few decent ones, but it's a rarity. I only ever check them for a general consensus, but never for any real detail. That's what the forums and gaming sites are for.

17. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

I usually go to the top charts, global ones and category depending if I'm looking something specific or just browsing. After I find a target then I do some research about it (reviews, forums, etc).

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Of course everyone here gets their news here. If we didn't think it was a good place for news, why wold we be here?

kijib...

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    That's also not a bad tactic at all. In fact, I found one of my extremely little known favorites just by browsing. I was running through the RPG section, saw TNA Wrestling, wondered how it'd look as an RPG, and after some research decided to buy it. Needless to say, it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.

20. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    agreed. actually i went to other forums but no one is so popular as TA. good job, admin~