Universal Payback² HD (by Apex Designs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 3, 2012.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #81 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    I have an iPhone 4 and a New iPad. It seems smoother on the new iPad, but it's perfectly playable in the iPhone 4. Graphics don't seem to suffer too much in the iPhone 4 when compared to the New iPad graphics. I don't know if this helps though, because I don't have an iPad 1 to test it on.

JD321, I sent you a mail to "Payback support" with the bugs I had detected. Did you get it? EDIT: I reply to myself. Just received a mail from JD321 saying they got it. So there you go: devs listen to the community :)

2. lghtnsurf

lghtnsurf Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I was iffy at first but now I cant stop playing it. its perfect for little on the go sessions.

I just wish more people played multiplayer... I've yet to find a match with anyone.

hopefully they expand on the multiplayer aspect of it. Other than that it's a whole lot of fun. Feels like a dual stick GTA lol.

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Correction, they worked for a couple of years and failed to reach the dizzying heights of the first game. :p

4. GuessMate

GuessMate New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Game developer
    London
    looks great. Will give it a go.

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am interested in this but the spin of the camera scares me off.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Some people in here dislike it and get dizzy, but I don't have much of a problem with it.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Has anybody encountered a problem with transparent walls? For example the image attached. I can't get down because I crash into an inexistent wall. The only way down is suicide. I have found several places like this :(

Attached Files:

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Just finished the campaign mode with all the stars. It was just fantastic. I miss more cities to play in though. Any chance of having the cities of Payback 1 make it to Payback 2? :D

Attached Files:

9. JD321

JD321 Member

Hi guys, sorry for not replying sooner! (been a bit busy lately, as you can imagine! :) )

Good idea. This will be in the first update (which has now been submitted).

This is also fixed in the first update.

Good ideas, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the first update - we'll try to address them in the update after that.

If you're getting problems like this please take a screenshot showing your position (ideally pause the game so I can see the bigger version of the minimap) and send it directly to me ([email protected]) so I can fix it.

Cool, glad you enjoyed it! I'll see what I can do about adding some cities from pb1 in future updates.

BTW, if anyone's interested Pocket Gamer just reviewed the game here:
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Payback2+HD/review.asp?c=45568&srch=payback+2

James.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks James for those quick fixes for the control bug and the new vehicle control scheme. I think the game is fantastic for short bursts and even for long city exploration. I wish that you gave the option of continuing for more than $2m, because when the multiplier is at x5 or x6, you get there very fast :p

11. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I really like this game, one thing that would be better is to have a real endless option in rampage mode, you get to 2 million much faster than I thought so I feel having the option to play endlessly, answering phones and doing missions would be nice.

Really digging this game, more customization options would always be good too!

12. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Did anyone notice yet that the steering locks in between songs? (ie transitioning from one song to another) it's quite annoying especially in the rocket car race where a wrong move leads to an explosion. And since that race is a elimination one, I get put last for exploding even though I was way ahead and got eliminated. As such I can't win that race, lol. Any tips would be helpful.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Play that level without listening to music :p

14. iJoashFoo

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Haha, finally won it though, after a dozen of retries or so! That control locking bug should be rectified quickly though.

15. iJoashFoo

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Okay, that last level is just plain unbeatable. Anyone?

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    In payback 1 can you turn off that gyroscope thing my screen just spins gives me a headache and is it in 2?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You mean the epilogue, where the guy has a tank and you have... nothing? You can do it, you just need to...
    explore the map a bit, and you will soon discover that in the mansion with the big A's (Apex Design logo) there is a helicopter. If you get in the helicopter, begin flying and you will notice the tank follows you. Find a tall building, land on top, get off the heli and wait for the tank to blow a few rockets at you. Since you are high, they won't hurt you but they will affect the tank hull, making the guy get down of the tank and try to catch you on foot. If you're lucky, he won't die with the tank explosion and you can kill him with grenades thrown carefully to where he is.

Another option is to jump down from the roof, steal his tank and throw a few rockets at him. The problem with this is that the heli will stay at the rooftop and you won't be able to get back into it. I've only used this method once as a kamikaze attemp to kill him because I had only 25 seconds left to complete the mission and I had killed him 4 out of the 5 times needed. Luckily for me, it worked. I don't think I'd be able to do it again easily though

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fully agree. The dev submitted an update fixing some control bugs (not live yet), so maybe those were addressed too...

19. JD321

JD321 Member

Good idea, I'll look into adding this in the 2nd update.

I've looked into this a bit and it seems to only happen on slower devices and it seems to be due to an OS issue. I'll try and work around it in the 2nd update though.

Payback 2 supports non-tilt steering if you prefer that.

James.

20. Jacksmart

Jacksmart Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Idea

I don't know If anyone has said this before but I think that if there were houses you could go in to and if there was a mode where could defend those houses with more than once swag for certain time would be cool. Just a idea.