Looking for Game Players for Feedback

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Fish alan, May 25, 2013.

1. Fish alan

Fish alan Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    I just recently completed my first iPad game and released it on the App store last week. I am looking for about people who would be willing to play the game and offer feedback in all aspects of the game, from look and feel to gameplay elements.

You can get an idea of the game here:

http://www.alanmthomas.com/bigfish

and on the appstore here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bigfish-the-game/id646864390?ls=1&mt=8

If you are interested, let me know and I can provide you with a promo code to download the game.

Also, if anyone can offer any marketing tips for this, I would really appreciate it. Like all of us, I put this out there and would now hope that it will do well.

Thanks so much!

All the best,
    Alan

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    [​IMG]

Well you can link images directly to help people look at the game.

If i was being brutally honest i think your a bit out of touch to what sells on the app store. Anything more expensive than free and you better have a really fantastic or visually beautiful game. In fact free is considered expensive on the app store. tier 2 (1,99) is very high for this type of game. Ive not played your game but from the screen shots i think you would struggle to even get a high number of free downloads. Im being a bit harsh because I really dont want to see you splash any money on marketing.

If i was you i would use it as a learning experiences and move onto the next game.

i would be happy to give it ago with a promo code it may be the best game since sliced bread.

3. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of going free with my next update (which will include a new set of levels). That said, thanks for the feedback. I am going to PM you a promo code.

Thanks again,
    Alan

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks,

Had a go. I like the concept of eating your way up the food chain but you always go back to being a small fish at the start of each level. It would be good if it was more like spores early levels when you have to keep growing and getting bigger each stage.

At the moment it gets repetitive very quickly. And the variety of fish is very small. If I was you I would perhaps modify it to have some kind of learning element so it could be more of a kids game and shove some iAds in it. Then work on a bigger spore like growing game.

The load screen looks a bit odd when loading on my retina iPad. Most of it is off screen. Also it's always better to release on iPhone too.

5. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm considering everything you've said into some of my updates are in the works. You raise some valid points.

And, I am working on an iPhone version as well. A very good idea, indeed.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I hope that you follow the updates and enjoy the game as it evolves.

Finally, I am working on a second game that I hope to release in the next few months. Any insights that you can offer would be appreciated. You can PM me if you would like to share your success stories or any lessons you've learned along the way.

Thank you once again.

All the best,
    Alan