[Bundle] Autumn Dynasty Combo Pack

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Imperio, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Imperio

Imperio Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    RTS Gobbler
    A sunny island!
    Watch your soldiers fade into little ink-blots in death in Autumn Dynasty RTS or send your officers on tricky espionage missions in Autumn Dynasty Warlords.

The Autumn Dynasty Combo Bundle is available for $7.99, 43% Discount for an extremely limited time!

Contains Autumn Dynasty RTS and Autumn Dynasty Warlords

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id919400808?mt=8

Watch the action come to live:
    Autumn Dynasty RTS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p78oC0F6rU
    Autumn Dynasty Warlords - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLMNKr9fM8

Attached Files:

2. Speaker

Speaker Member

Jul 31, 2014
    The bundle includes two games which if bought individually would cost EUR 5.99 each. I already have one of them and I can complete the bundle for EUR 6.99. I don't get it, is this some kind of scam?

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    There seems to be some kinks with the bundles, I have the exact same issue with this Autumn Dynasty bundle. As well as many of the other bundles that include games I own, and know that I paid for, but show no discount to complete the bundle.

4. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Want to buy Autumn Dynasty, but am torn because on Google play it's only 2.99. Is the ios version better in some way?

I have devices for both ios and android, and plan to buy an IPad Air 2 when they come out.

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I think maybe the developers fault, I have "Autumn Dynasty" in purchase list and downloaded but the purchase item list has no icon or description, related content or reviews, the one in the bundle is named Autumn Dynasty - RTS so think maybe a different instance of the app? Even if I search and look at the individual app it wants me to purchase it again.

So, I'm guessing no more updates or fixes on the one I own. Is anyone able to confirm/deny?

6. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    The original Autumn Dynasty was distributed by Bulkypix and eventually pulled from the App Store. It was then re-released by Touch Dimensions as a new app. So I'm guessing that you have the old Bulkypix version, which means no more support. I've got both versions in my purchase history and still can't get a discount on Warlords in the bundle. Oh well.

7. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    I'm pretty sure they had the app up for free for a short period of time when they republished. That's most likely the reason it isn't registering any discount on the bundle.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Seems to be the way bundles work. It looks like they know if you paid for a game or got it free. If you downloaded it free then no discount. That's the way the bundles work from what i can tell.

9. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Yeah that's what I'm seeing as well. I got FF4:TAY and MC5 free, but I bought a bunch of the other games in each bundle at full price. All in all, I think it's a really fair system.

10. Senile Felines

Senile Felines Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I want to clarify this, because it seems to be an issue a lot of people are becoming confused about.

When checking to see what apps you have in what bundles, the App Store seems to be checking your purchase history--which means that, in addition to checking to see which games out of a given bundle you have, it also checks to see how much you paid for those games. Then, it discounts the amount you paid.

For example:
    Assume there is a bundle with a total cost of $6.99, which contains two games which retail at $4.99 each individually.
    - If you pay $4.99 for one of the apps, the bundle will deduct $4.99--the amount which you had already paid--from its total, resulting in the remainder of the bundle costing $2.00.
    - If you bought the app on a previous sale for $1.99, the bundle will deduct $1.99--the amount you paid during the sale--from its total, resulting in the remainder of the bundle costing $5.00 (for one game which normally costs $4.99).
    - If you got the game for free during a freebie release, the bundle will deduct $0.00--the amount you paid to download the app for free--from its total, resulting in the remainder of the bundle costing $6.99 (for one game which normally costs $4.99).

If you paid less than the total amount for a game which is part of a bundle, the bundle will deduct less than the total amount, because that is what you paid for it. It will not deduct the total cost of the games you previously bought, because you did not pay the total cost of the game to begin with.

11. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Very good explanation, thanks for that. Though I'm still convinced that the bundle pricing is a bit buggy. There are still some bundles that have games that I own, and know I paid money for, but show no discount in completing the bundle. But that explanation does cover most of my bundle pricing mysteries. Just not all.

12. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Yeah it is weird. For example, because I own a bunch of the Final Fantasy 3,5,6, the complete bundle is only $20 to fill me in with 1,2,4, and the 4 sequel. However, the Final Fantasy 4 bundle would cost me $23 for just 4 and it's sequel.

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Ah right, that makes sense. Don't know if I'm happy about it but at least explains my problem.