iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    #561 Harejordan, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    There are tons of ways to get around every character's abilities. If a Ryu throws hadouken after hadouken, jump over them or focus attack your way through, don't just sit there, take it and then disconnect. If you're playing against a gief, why not throw out a million hadoukens? You don't wanna get anywhere NEAR gief's spd range.

Every character is pretty well balanced for a fighting game.

Also, if you do happen to find me in a ranked match(I think my GC name is the same as this) rest assured I won't purposely dc.

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    This:

3. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    #563 Wediafom24, Jul 1, 2011
    Hey guys, if you encountered darkspin483, quit on him because he is a quiter. He did it 3 times to me.

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Just had another one. He seems kind of new to the game, but was doing fine. Then he suddenly seemed to have discovered auto SP.
    The game then went like this:

noob: fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball

Me: *disconnect*

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    If I quit every match where somebody spams auto SP, I'd never play a whole match.

So, what are ways to get around it? With Ryu, you can jump over the fireballs or whatever, but uppercuts are also on auto, which means even the noobiest noob can nail you with one when you jump close enough. That knocks you back and it all starts over again.

Am I wrong in thinking it's just a pain in the ass and not worth trying?

6. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    What's worse? DCers? Or SP spammers?

7. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Does anyone know what the achievement below "Exorcise the Demon!" is? I thought it was for unlocking Akuma but that's not it, it's still "???".

8. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm on the fence about deleting SF IV now that I have Volt. I like the videos better in SF IV than Volt, but Volt has additional fighters (online doesn't matter to me). My son asks to play and he likes the videos with the characters swinging through the bars and such - may be Cammy's - I'm not sure.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Is there really any reason to keep IV on our devices now? I know Capcom said there was something special in store for people who owned both versions...any idea what it could be?

10. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah perhaps if all of us here @TA could compile all the quitters, then that could save us valuable times. My record is something like this 6 10 0 W L D respectively. I dont get why people quit, it's not like they will a reward or something for having a perfect streak, I just want to play.
    About the SP spamming, well I just return the favor and SP them, at some point this dude has to change his tactics, lol!

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Em extra noob here... can someone explain that 'focus attack' thing to me? Sorry for being noob... I promise I won't quit on anyone in online play who doesn't spam attacks (could take a while, only 30 minutes new into the franchise...)

12. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Oops wrong reply, my bad.

13. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    #573 2hvy4grvty, Jul 1, 2011
    Can't quite figure out how to do a double zanku hadouken with Akuma. Is this an AI only thing?

I don't mean the EX one.

14. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Yea, a regular double in the air is an AI only thing. It would be way overpowered if it weren't an EX attack if used normally.

15. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #575 ImLegend, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

Not everyone with high winning rate is a quiter. I dont say Im good (55-7-0), but at least I'm a clean player, see my Ranked Drop Rate => 0. I did drop connection from coffee shop but it's not my fault.
    [​IMG]

If I lose I lose with honors, don't be chicken that I don't understand someone with 55 wins still disconnect from me when facing lose, sigh~ see his Ranked Drop Rate.
    [​IMG]

16. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    So i have 11 more matches to go and all the element keep workin on me. Phone calls, texts, lags, quitters. OMG!!! i coulda been doin by now

17. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    You do realize that quitters don't get penalized right? If you press the home button in the middle of the match, you don't get anything added to the drop rate.

18. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    Also, this doesn't matter to me, since I've unlocked him, but I've heard 2 perfects vs Akuma with any ONE character on any difficulty gets the unlock.

19. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Akuma is pretty hard in grueling mode. Barely touched him :mad: :eek: Hard mode is hard but bearable. (Tournament)-- Have not unlocked the guy yet. Three more characters to use.

I know I am supposed to read through the thread, and I didn't :eek:, what was the special unlock achievement (?) with the downloads of SFIV and SFIV Volt?

20. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    #580 BruteOutlawz, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
    Online is really good. Had loads of people quit on me, i havent quit yet.

People just ruin this game, spaming attacks just so they dont lose. its pretty sad really

One of the reasons i dont play online theses days, to many cheaters.