List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    What about your iTunes account in computer?

2. If they're phasing out, what will I do with my 20,000 points? Lol

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    In case anyone is tempted, I just picked up Gothic Masquerade HD, which is now on sale for 99 cents. Don't bother. I realize it's not fair to expect a relative unknown to compete with the likes of G5 and Big Fish, but this game is just atrocious. There is no story or point to the game. It is just a series of random rooms. The graphics are mediocre at best, and most of them are pretty crummy. There's not even a consistency to the images - they look like they were just randomly grabbed from a series of clip art libraries because they adhere to some generally unrevealed theme. You can turn off sound effects and music and you'll want to. Actually, the sound effects probably don't matter, because I don't think I ever heard any anyway. The music is awful, and mostly sounds like it's being played on some turn of the century (20th, not 21st) musical device. To shake things up a bit there are spot the difference screens (yes, I tortured myself through 3 rounds), but those are even more annoying that the hidden object screens. More than wanting my money back, I want the few minutes of my time this game robbed from me.

4. Can't find it in singapore app store also. Was trying to recommend the game to my friend to earn some points but.. :(

5. Go ahead and dl GrandMother's Room its worth every penny. If you need help with the game can visit GrandMother's Room Walkthrough.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's a currently free adventure game: My Hell

7. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Agree, though the puzzles are illogical and few and far between. It seems as though a few "Lost City" inspired images have been thrown together with a puzzle here and there. It all seems very rushed. I had to use a walkthrough to get through it due to it's randomness, lack of clues or any logical thread storyline. It has potential though. I think?

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Definately potential there. The developer just needs a bit more thought and time to take it up to the level of Lost City

BFG have released The Treasures of Mystery Island on both ipad and iphone.

9. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you for this. I'm liking the look of the game already!

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I spoke too soon. It is another re-release of an Alawar game. They might have upgraded the graphics, though.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Sorry about that. They have changed the icon so I didn't recognise it.

I have been looking on the Alawar website and a lot of the games that are released by BFG on ios are available via Alawar for the PC. Twisted Lands (which doesn't appear to be on the App Store anymore, but I'm sure it is coming soon) Gypsys Tale etc so I wonder if that is what is happening - BFG have taken over Alawars ios side

Too many HD things are being released for my liking ;)

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    There isn't anything to be sorry about. I just wanted to save people the pain of downloading if I could. On the G5e games that Eric listed, you can change iPad to iPhone at the end of the URLs and see the non-HD lists (I agree that the iPadians get all the good releases ;)). http://www.g5e.com/games/lost_souls_iphone
    http://www.g5e.com/games/crossworlds_flying_city_iphone
    http://www.g5e.com/games/letters_from_nowhere_2_iphone

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, I meant to mention that there were iPhone versions as well. I was just being lazy :)

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for that. Makes me feel part of the gang now :)

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Huh,

I had a post thanking you for the info that I entered before the post to Pepper, but I must have messed it up, sorry about that...

You weren't being lazy, btw, you were just picking on the technologically disadvantaged...:D

17. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    A remake of the PC classic adventure game "The 7th Guest" is free today only on the App Store. I'll update with a link when I'm at my laptop.

Thanks!

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Downloaded this ages ago as people were really pysched about it. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't see what all the fervour was about. After completing a couple of puzzles I deleted it and have no real desire to go back and finish it.

Have finished My Hell. Quite enjoyed it once I got past the fact that there were no items to pick up and use

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The 7th Guest

I'm the same way. I had actually played the game a long time ago (back when I actually used my PC to play games), but I didn't really remember it from back then. After playing the iPhone port I realized that the game looked cool (even though it is more than 10 years old now), but it just wasn't a whole lot of fun. I thought it was more difficult to find the first puzzle than to actually solve the first puzzle, so that's why I deleted it.

20. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks for the link and the info!