iPhone Volty by Tvndra

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Thank you for posting this. We're putting all our love in this game everyday right now, so this kind of attention is a great boost :)

Cheers

Pim

2. Treefiddy

Treefiddy Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Looks interesting but just one little thing - the voice-over is really quite weak...

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    The trailer is an excellent tease, and definitely has my attention. I can only hope the game's visuals are that amazing. :eek:

4. #5 Tvndra Games, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    @AnarKitty Hey thanks! A lot of the shots are actually in-game, like the orange dome, the fast one with the light that's coming from the top right corner, the merchant, the round one with the golden ring (we lovingly call him Bally ;) ) Volty coming out of his box...

@Treefiddy

Tnx for the feedback. The elderly woman who did the voice over was very very kind, but in the end it didn't sound like we thought it would, so we made a second version with a different voice:

http://youtu.be/IwYuP774TfA

I think this one is an improvement :) do you agree?

Cheers

Pim

5. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    #6 Sharontung66, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Numinous and lovely

The trailer looks beautiful and intriguing. I pray that your game is more than a unidirectional point and click; to be able to explore each location with 360 degrees of freedom adds so much more depth and immersion for the gamer and makes the experience much more compelling as if one is actually inhabiting the make-believe world rather than looking in from the outside. Catch my drift? One last thing. Your title, "Volty," seems anomalous to the visual information provided by the trailer. Perhaps your next trailer will present us with some insight as to whence "Volty" arose or evolved and what significance the name holds.
    Best of luck to you. I will be eager to learn of your progress and looking forward to when it reaches the app store.