I need someone to help me get back up to speed(haven't used my idevice since dec. 20

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Long story short (if I can manage that): Me and my gf just got back from a bungalow we rented in the Florida Keys. I literally have done nothing on my idevice besides checking messages and light internet browsing between dec. 20th and today.

So, anyone feel like giving me a rundown of any major developments regarding ios gaming during that span? Sales and freebies still going on, new releases of note (the sidebar is filled with unfamiliar names), upcoming games to watch out for, any new douche moves by apple/devs, etc.

I got an iPad mini BTW, so iPad games are included! And it's 32 gb, so I'm not so space constrained, thank goodness.

Also, can someone remind me what graphics effects are usually missing on the mini vs the ipad 3 (forget the 4)? Is the chip the same as the iphone 4S or beefier?

Thanks a lot guys. I love (most) of you scallywags ;)

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Glad your back. Um the war games are free (monster and the other one) fantasy adventure is a new game that's free that's popular that I found. Unlimited flight Las Vegas is 99 cents currently. And there is a list of 2013 games with next week being a nice week and also get repulze and hundred

3. You can read the ipad 4 and ipad mini stickied thread in the ipad gaming forum if you got time.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    First off, give a look into the last releases of 2012 if you haven't yet. Some top releases include Ravensword: Shadowlands, Into the Dead, and Anomaly: Korea.

Also, check out TA's GOTY pick as well as their honorable mentions here:
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/12/21/toucharcade-game-of-the-year-2012-waking-mars/
    And here:
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/12/21/the-toucharcade-show-83-game-of-the-year-discussion-2012-edition/
    And here:
    http://toucharcade.com/category/best-iphone-games/

Then check out the game 'Hundreds' that launched just yesterday. Creative and very fun puzzle game made by the devs of Canabalt and Solipskier.

Also, TA Forum's GOTY has already been narrowed down to the top 10, so make sure to get your vote in:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166895

If you have any more questions just ask and I'll try to help.

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks Crex. Bought Ravensword since I have the extra space now on my ipad. I've still barely touched the previous iteration, due to the file size...hopefully Crescent Moon's cloud servers work. That was released just before I left, so I knew to pick it up...just didn't know the gf would buy me the ipad. I thibk she found the "hidden" page of apps I thought I had hid well on hers ;).

I probably would have ignored Hundred if you hadn't told me who the dev was. Got to check that out. Thanks.

The ios scene just moves so quickly.

One last thing...I see Appshopper is no longer in the store? Does the website work well on mobile Safari (ipad)?

Thanks again. This is a great community.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Apple pulled appshopper. Forgot to mention hundreds developer whoops.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Like bramblett05 said, the appshopper app was pulled by Apple due to it being "too similar" to the actual app store. Other similar apps may be in danger as well. Website works fine for me on my iPad.

8. #8 Connector, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Well, the end of the world didn't come, the appstore was closed a lot of the time, so you missed less than you think. Free apps Daily (FAD) will be closing at the end of the month causing a run on apps to redeem, they actually pulled everyone's points but seemed to have caved in and given them back.

Some big sales were Wild Blood, NFS Most wanted, fifa 13, bastion, 9mm, sonic cd, ea games, iron man 2, super hexagon, order and chaos, tin tin, alpha zero, flashout, hairy tales, ny zombies 2, were all a buck.

TA had a new free game program, arc squadron was the first free app.

Other good sales were jet set radio, crazy tazy, walking dead, cave games, waking mars, machinarium, and others were cool sales.

Some games I got recently that are good were alpha zero, mutant fridge, luna bears, crumble zone, ronin, repulze, skyhero, and many more.

Gangdam style is number one on youtube, and Hillary Clinton fainted and suffered a concussion.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    What?! FAAD's shutting down? Seriously?

10. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    My exact thoughts. FAAD has been here since I started using iOS on my iTouch 2.

11. Whoops meant Free apps Daily

FAD

The web page for downloading apps for points to get gift cards or apps.

Sorry, will edit my post!

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ohh! Ok lol. Confused me for a second there, Connector!

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    *deleted, cause already answered*

14. I like to confuze you!!! ;)

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wish I could help, but I've been only focusing on MC4 since I have no credits :(